The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

That's the good thing about La Liga. Premier League clubs should follow that. If you can afford to loan players out to others sides then you should be prepared to face them when you meet the team you loaned them too. Its a joke how many players are loaned out now., Don't Chelsea loan out about 28 of their players. Its not right.

I think the problem is if you loan another PL team a keeper and he lets a soft one in during a crucial game towards the end of the season the press would be all over that with accusations of match fixing etc.

Say we'd drawn Man. United in the 3rd round of the cup and Johnstone had let one in under his body in the last minute like Kiraly did in 2007.....imagine the reaction on here!

It probably should be left up to the individual clubs and players though to decide rather than just a blanket ban.

That happens in the CL....I remember Courtois played against Chelsea when at Atletico Madrid and Morientes years ago scored v Real Madrid.

• Like 1

Jackson Martinez for the money they spent on him was a massive flop although they recouped most of that when China came calling.

Lacazette's an interesting one...looked brilliant for Lyon a few years back and still scores regularly as you'd expect in the French league.

However he's been passed at international level by all the outstanding young French strikers coming through...didn't make the cut for euro 2016 and same could happen for the world cup so can understand he thinks it's now time to step up a level and play for a regular CL team.

Guess that guarantees Greizmann is moving on.

Messi contract expires 2018. Barcelona talk big but dont think they are that interested in giving him a similar salary. I think they would accept a bid from China for him if they came in

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'm sure the 200k + wages per week on offer will persuade him otherwise.

Also read Everton were preparing a 20m bid for Bakambu......:cheers:

As a replacement for Lukaku? God help them!

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah him and San Jose who plays for Real Sociedad.

I do think he'd o.k in the prem but been disappointing this season and obviously quite a downgrade on Lukaku.

Bilbao. be interesting since he is ex-Liverpool

Â