Pre Match Thread - Cup Final 9 of 10

26 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I’ve got Watkins still left to play in FPL so hoping tonight’s the night for him to bag his 20th….seen us lose to many times to these at our place so hopefully we can bag the win! 

Funny Watkins seems to be the one with all the energy still. I guess it's the motivation to score more goals, when the others only have CL to fight for???😳

• Like 1

I know we're down to the bare bones, but I really don't want to see Cash in an advanced role in front of Konsa. If he plays it has to be RB with Konsa in CD.

Our attacking imput down that side would be awful.

I'd rather McGinn in front of the RB, if Bailey unavailable and Tim or Youri centrally, probably with Luiz.

My head is telling me a 1-3 defeat, my heart would burst with a victory. 

• Like 1

Don't see us getting that win tonight. Liverpool aren't even all that really but we're down to bare bones now and the players are knackered. 

If it's McGinn and Luiz as the midfield again it's going to be very rough. 

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm actually pretty pissed this is the last home game tbh. An 8pm kick off and taking my pals lad there is no way we can linger after the FT whistle goes for the players to do a lap of honour as he's a nipper and has school tomorrow. Unfortunately, bang on FT we'll be off. It's a shit way to end the home campaign this season. 

Yep. But Sky Scum thought (and hoped) it might be a possible title winner for Liverpool when they scheduled it.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Funny Watkins seems to be the one with all the energy still. I guess it's the motivation to score more goals, when the others only have CL to fight for???😳

I just don’t think he gets fatigued. His confidence sometimes lets him down but never his energy levels.

• Like 1

If we could get Tielemans, Zaniolo and Moreno back as options I'd feel so much more comfortable.  With Emi in goal you have half a chance of winning any game, so I'm not that pessimistic.  I won't get too downhearted if we don't secure CL tonight as I reckoned it would come down to tomorrow's game to decide anyway.  Just hope we play well and have a bit more energy about us.

I know we all think our players are knackered and it's clear, especially in Midfield, it's taking its toll with injuries but I do wonder if recent games it's been more about the pressure getting to certain players. 

A lot of them will never have been in a European Semi-Final or on the verge of qualifying for the Champions League. 

I can see a draw tonight. I think it's clear a few of these Liverpool players are off this summer and going through the motions. 

Saying that, I'm hoping the players can find it in them for one massive, final push. It would be great to wrap up Champions League qualification because of our own result and not relying on tomorrow night and being at VP I'm sure they will want to sign off with a good performance at the very least. 

• Like 1

Interesting to see the starting line up and the subs for this one. Hoping we have a few back at least on the bench. I think if he’s fit I’d start Tielemans as we look a more balanced team with him in there. 

I hope the fans at the ground stay with the team, what a season it’s been. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’d love us to win our spot in CL tonight, particularly at home, and particularly against an already CL club. It would feel way more deserved than getting it tomorrow, just because spurs lost

Edited by CarryOnVilla

I think it’ll be:

……………...….Martinez…………………..

Cash…..Konsa……Pau…..Digne

………Tielemans……..Luiz……….

Bailey..…….McGinn….….Diaby

………………..…Watkins….……………..

Is Rogers a possibility, or is he still injured? 

• Like 1

Weird, I'm not nervous at all. I've probably given up and surrendered before the game. Actually, I know I have. Not a good fan, but it is what it is. We're toast.

• Sad 1

Has Tom Hanks turned up to play DM or RB?

That's us lost, he's the kiss of death. We've lost every game he's turned up for.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I’m at peace with a loss if it comes 

Yeah me too. That said it's a free hit, and we tend to do better against top teams bizarrely.

I did not think we had the last result against Arsenal in us if I'm honest, after we looked knackered and scraped a draw with Brentford.