Pre Match Thread - Cup Final 9 of 10

15 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

**** me some of our supporters are defeatist!!

I guess you missed the Chelsea, Brighton, Olympiakos home and away matches?

We’re done. 

It’s all on Man City beating Spurs now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

How anyone can have watched the performances we’ve put in over the last fortnight and anticipate anything other than a sound beating is a mystery to me. I don’t think it’s “defeatist”, I think it’s realism after a long hard season. We all appreciate the players efforts to get to this point and 4th is still on the cards with spurs to play Man City.

However from our point of view, the race is run. The players have absolutely nothing left ala Ian Beale so I don’t think it’s necessarily defeatist to expect a Liverpool team who will have had 8 days since their last game to win against us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is going to be very tough.

I think we might see how many of last nights players are actually struggling and I wouldn't be too surprised to see Bailey and maybe one or two others not make it for this one.

But, we give it a go and see what happens and who knows, if Burnley pick up a surprise point tomorrow, it might not matter anyway and we can play the kids.

• Like 1

If working off the same players that were available last night I'd go

Martinez

KKH      Konsa         Torres     Lenglet

Iroegbunham   Luiz

Bailey                McGinn            Diaby

Watkins

It’s disappointing that this will be the last game at VP after what has been the best season in my 35 year supporting the club. 

Liverpool will have a full and fresh side and we are threadbare and wrecked. The fact that the game on Monday night is a slight help. 

I think we will have to go with the best we have but Bailey looks like he’s held together with tape and others look completely wrecked. But this isn’t the time to blood a load of kids. 

Maybe Tim in midfield for a bit more balance and KHH at RB/ RWB for Cash. I have a feeling Unai will go with the back 3/5 again as it’s the most solid team we have with the current options. 

• Like 1

This is going to be ugly. Just keep the score down and protect the goal difference.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Callum said:

Youri was rested last night for this game, which is great news really. 

Did Emery said this or is that just twitter speculation?

It would be great to have him, Zaniolo and Moreno back to give us more options.

Not a good idea playing just two CMs v this as likes of Alexis Mac will just play through us constantly.

1-3.

Funnily enough, I am (or will be) calm about this one, esp if arse and c115y win this weekend and therefore extinguishes any lingering hopes the redscouse might've had nicking the title. Or if arse win and c115y somehow only draw with Fulham meaning they go all out at spuds in their next game.

Or if Burnley do what they did at man ure recently and get a draw.....

...going for a lie down now...🤪

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I guess you missed the Chelsea, Brighton, Olympiakos home and away matches?

We’re done. 

It’s all on Man City beating Spurs now. 

We’ve already secured 4th just need to rubber stamp it with a point or more against Liverpool, you must have missed the game we beat them 7-2.

44 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

We’ve already secured 4th just need to rubber stamp it with a point or more against Liverpool, you must have missed the game we beat them 7-2.

We beat them in 1979 too.