Match Thread: Olympiacos v Villa

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Probably the least one sided 6-2 I've ever seen - over the two legs we probably should have won this.

That said we were probably a little lucky to get past Lille.

Olympiacos aren't the best side we've faced, but you've got to hand it them, they just outsmarted us.

It's almost impossible to argue that case. It's been very disappointing and they have been absolutely clinical.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

100% Bardell saying we only need two or three. We need a lot more.

we two and then 3 coming back from year long injuries 

• Like 1

Just now, string28 said:

We are so poor and i know we are tired but this is a worry the drop off is scary.

Drop off is tiredness though because the key players have had to keep playing because so many other key players injured.  Just tonight we’ve had no Tielemans, Rogers and Zaniolo that we thought would be in the squad.  Added to Kamara, JJ, Moreno….Bailey is playing through pain with his injury.  Our bench is kids.  We just relying on fumes now in terms of players left fit and of those players scrapping the barrel of energy.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

I just don't get this. We've created **** nothing tonight.

We were a bit unlucky in the first leg, but it's all been vanity possession tonight, we were well beaten by a fresher, more energetic, and probably more well prepared team. 

We've had 32 efforts on goal over the two ties and been caught on the break four or five times - we've dominated but we lack that little bit of nous that turns domination into wins.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Don't be daft

2 games to go and where does it look like coming from?

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Probably the least one sided 6-2 I've ever seen - over the two legs we probably should have won this.

That said we were probably a little lucky to get past Lille.

Olympiacos aren't the best side we've faced, but you've got to hand it them, they just outsmarted us.

They have a wiley old dog in the dugout who also happens to be the reigning Europa League champion, with a team that almost got relegated from La Liga last season.

Fatigued at the comments and views on here tonight. This excellent team, down to its bare bones 11 (look at our bench tonight), 54th game this season. 76% possession, 14 shots, against a parked bus. 9 of our players have played the most minutes in PL this season. Dead on their feet and you seem surprised that there hasn’t been a miracle?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I just don't get this. We've created **** nothing tonight.

We were a bit unlucky in the first leg, but it's all been vanity possession tonight, we were well beaten by a fresher, more energetic, and probably more well prepared team. 

Yep, first leg almost everything went against us but we’ve been dreadful tonight 

It's not a surprise. We were busted last round. It was penalty luck that got us to this round. We've been on fumes for too long. Too many injuries and not enough depth. Shit game but they need a break 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can we even attempt to make the aggregate score.more respectable? Jesus

Don’t matter what the score is now….does anybody care if it’s 6-2, 6-3 or 6-4? Roll onto the next game is all that matters