Match Thread: Olympiacos v Villa

2 minutes ago, NorthEastVillan said:

If tapping the ball left and right without shooting or crossing counted as goals we'd be winning 45-1.

Problem is we need goals and can't even carve out a chance. 

We are dominating though, just one mistake has cost us so far. If we keep going we still might do it......

I have had a few ciders though 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Conserve energy for Monday. Lost cause after they got the first goal. Huge ask of the squad with all the injuries. They've been amazing this season proud of them. 

Proud of them too, but still 45min to play. No giving up please.

I do like the leadership Bailey has brought into the team lately. First against Lille and again today he is carrying us. I like it.

• Like 2

Just now, Leeroy said:

What has happened to this team? The last 4 games we just look clueless. Dopey defensively and brainless going forward with the wrong pass time and time again. Injuries explain no depth but we’ve still got 11 senior pros out there. Three defeats on the bounce if we lose this, I’m not sure when that last happened under Unai.

They need to get a grip because we could feasibly end the season with 5 defeats on the bounce which would be such a comedown on a very good season.

Most think tiredness, I think mentality. We have never had to work so hard the last few games of the season.

Speaks volumes ole party boy Luiz is one of the worst. Thinking of that beach in the Maldives with Lehmann already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Diaby is the only one I think that can offer a bit more, his touch was all over the place at times.

We need to stay patient and hope one goal comes - one will lead to more.

• Like 2

Just now, smg said:

How has the ref been dodgy?

Because it's the thing to do... Also it was the pre match story cos he's been done for something before 

He's been very good, there was the corner / goal kick which didn't get a replay and looked an all day corner but other than that he's been fine 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Still mad about their lad deliberately taking out Leon’s knee too.  

Yep imo should have been a red. Deliberate targeting of a strapped up area plus goal scoring opportunity =easy red. 

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Who’s Diane and has she got a nice rack?

She’s the girlfriend of a guy named Jack, who is suckin’ on a chili dog outside the Tasty Freeze. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

That goal is dreadful, the right side do nothing, Torres has no idea where his man is, and Digne may as well be in the changing room having a wank

It’s not on Digne though. Twice we should have closed that down. It just unfortunately went through Pau’s legs. He’s a wingback today wasn’t going to be dropping that deep. The biggest errors occurred before. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

What has happened to this team? The last 4 games we just look clueless. Dopey defensively and brainless going forward with the wrong pass time and time again. Injuries explain no depth but we’ve still got 11 senior pros out there. Three defeats on the bounce if we lose this, I’m not sure when that last happened under Unai.

They need to get a grip because we could feasibly end the season with 5 defeats on the bounce which would be such a comedown on a very good season.

Fatigue, injuries and a lack of squad depth is what happened. Have you seen the bench today? Bailey has been playing with a knee strap for weeks.

Posted (edited)

In a strange way i would rather we went out by a clear margin - rather than , say 1 goal as that would be heartbreaking. 

Edited by Hev

Just now, AVTuco said:

I do like the leadership Bailey has brought into the team lately. First against Lille and again today he is carrying us. I like it.

Very much feels like we are a one man team. If he was fully fit we'd be winning this tie. 

Posted (edited)

been saying this on other threads, but just don't think we have a second gear that over powers the opponent. Our methodical buildup gives teams a chance to setup and we essentially have to be clinical to score - something we've luckily been doing most of the season. 

Edited by nepal_villan

The ties over.

Realistically it was over before it started but at least we've turned up. It's just a step too far for a knackered and threadbare side going out with patched together XIs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

We are dominating though, just one mistake has cost us so far. If we keep going we still might do it......

I have had a few ciders though 

Read my posts. They are letting us play chap, we are impotent  they are 3 goals up, they can give us the ball all they like.

• Like 1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Tbf it was a silly ball to him from Digne in a very tight position on the line, he got blocked off and wrestled the player over rather than let him escape with the ball. Cynical yes, daft, I don't think he had much choice tbh.

I agree with you up until not much choice, he could have bodied the opposition rather than the obvious shirt tug yellow, he could have fouled without it being an obvious yellow