Match Thread: Villa v Olympiakos

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

I honestly think it's a tangle/coming together rather than a foul. 

Very surprised it didn't go to VAR but can totally understand the ref's view in the (very fast paced) moment. 

Yeah but you could say that about most challenges in the box, that lead to pens..

Problem is no one really knows what is a pen or isn't nowadays 

Edited by richp999

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Any ideas anyone?

Edit: hopefully not a medical issue and hope everyone is OK

Yes loads of ambulance staff in there doesn’t look good from where we are in the trinity

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Troglodyte said:

Very surprised it didn't go to VAR but can totally understand the ref's view in the (very fast paced) moment. 

I think it's a tangle to start but then followed by a motion that he knows will trip him, he extends the contact unnaturally 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

It’s just as much contact for our disallowed goal, if one is a foul so is the other 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

People at the game saying there are medical emergencies in the Holte and Witton Lane

Probably that pen not being given, I was pretty close to a heart attack too. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

With these kind of decisions, I tend to give the on field ref a bit of leeway. He sees it in real time, from one angle, with **** knows what else he's trying to keep an eye on.

VAR not checking it is absolutely scandalous. 

It’s the consistency that’s infuriating.

Apparently seems enough in a microscopic shirt pull to rule out a goal but doesn’t see enough in a stonewall penalty to give it.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't think we are trying to say he's " shit ".

He just hasn't been any where near his best for a while imo.

He's even clocking up the simplest of things, which isn't like him.

I would sum up his performances of late as irresponsible, silly fouls, poor passes under pressure and just a lack of nous in some difficult moments. He is definitely not shit but that is why we expect better from him

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

It’s just as much contact for our disallowed goal, if one is a foul so is the other 

Yep, this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Terrible quality but:

Extremely soft tbh. Seen em given, but part of me would rather they weren't. Hardly wrestled him to the ground, has he?

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Terrible quality but:

That's what I mean, 1 motion to play the ball causes a tangle fair enough but then he kicks his leg out a little bit further for a little bit longer, it's unnatural and he knows what he's doing 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Be nice if out captain could make an appearance tonight, might help with things. 

Started well but like everyone else thought it was the Chelsea game still and decided to not do much.

2 minutes ago, NorthernGordon said:

I was taking a dump when we got a goal back.  I'll neck some Naga Ghost Pepper sauce from the bottle and run back another three times, 4-2 should do it. 

Your sacrifice is appreciated by us all 🙏