Match Thread: Villa v Olympiakos

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Cash has been effective tonight. Arguably our best player.

yeah other than being at fault for their first goal by being too slow to react to the high line he's been great.

edit: I realize that could be read as sarcastic, but it isn't XD

Edited by osmark86
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Thank **** there was no pen. Dougie would have missed it.  This is a Gerrard performing midfield. Luiz and McGinn just cannot play together. Honestly get Chambers on put Diaby on the left , and mcginn on the right with Bailey up front.. totally free Mcginn up

You really calling for chamber in a semi final 

• Haha 2

Also why didn’t Diaby shoot at the end there instead of trying to play it back across a stacked box!? Frustrating. Have some balls man!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Don't get the Luiz hate whatsoever. 

Hate and criticism are completely different things.

1 minute ago, switters said:

Diaby did brilliant for our goal. He can find good spaces in that area, we just need to get quick balls forward like we ended the half.

Imagine Olympiakos will try and slow it down and drop off 2nd half, less of a high press because 2-1 would be great result for them.

They won't, their manager is all about going at it full throttle, we'll get chances we just have to take them and not **** things up at the other end.

Just now, est1874 said:

He's obviously not shit, you're just posting for effect.

He is, however, playing like someone who doesn't want to be there, which is **** unforgivable for me. This may be a Mickey Mouse competition in the grander scheme of European stuff but it's our first euro semifinal in 42 years. Man wasn't even a twinkle in his father's eye down the favelas back then. He could stand to show a little respect for the club, pride in the badge, etc.

Of course he wants to be there. Don't be ridiculous yourself after criticising someone else PFE.

His calm approach and demeanor can be a strength and a weakness, the latter particularly in that it invites criticism when he's off form. 

I've been massively frustrated at him for a while but some of the overreaction is a joke. And besides, we don't have other options lately!

Apart from not stepping up. Idiot 

ref is seriously bad. Giving them everything and us nothing, even stopping our attacks 

3 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Since when did that matter though? I thought it didn't matter if you 'got the ball'... You can't just slide through a player taking them out, and hopefully just touch the ball on your way through.. And it be all OK? 

If that was the case, our defense could just take out any players at will, as long as they touch the ball at some point

I don’t know. Just trying to figure out why they would’ve disallowed that.

4 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Not been following the thread, but would I get crucified if I said that objectively I think the ref has been quite strong?

The penalty is a shocker 

Maybe a yellow card for the foul on bailey

Other than that he's not been that bad, the shirt pull for our disallowed goal was really soft but it happened 

But that said... **** me that penalty decision is a shocker 

• Like 1

He made up for his brain fart on the first offside goal of theirs. Now time for Digne to do the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The TNT commentary said they have a screen that tells them if VAR are checking something and nothing came up 

If people don't think there is corruption in football, they need to give there head a wobble.

Every media platform shit scared to talk about it, when fans mention it.

Marinakis could have easily got to these European refs with a bit of green.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's not " HATE " whatsoever, he's been doing shit things.

It's that simple.

There is some hate for him in this thread, but the majority of us I would assume would totally agree with that summation

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He's obviously not shit, you're just posting for effect.

He is, however, playing like someone who doesn't want to be there, which is **** unforgivable for me. This may be a Mickey Mouse competition in the grander scheme of European stuff but it's our first euro semifinal in 42 years. Man wasn't even a twinkle in his father's eye down the favelas back then. He could stand to show a little respect for the club, pride in the badge, etc.

Ash is emotional. Nothing wrong with that. Not much of a football fan if you aren't.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Thank **** there was no pen. Dougie would have missed it.  This is a Gerrard performing midfield. Luiz and McGinn just cannot play together. Honestly get Chambers on put Diaby on the left , and mcginn on the right with Bailey up front.. totally free Mcginn up

If you are serious and not taking the piss sorry to burst your punditry bubble but Chambers isn’t on the f******g bench , I don’t think he’s even registered in the squad but you know best.

I think we will get goals as olympiakos are a basket case. They conceded 4 in one leg of the last 16 and were 3 nil up against fenerbahce before letting in 2. Its like bielsa ball.

• Like 1