limpid

Match Polls  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, meregreen said:

Simply allowed Chelsea far too much space and time. There was no press on the player in possession at all. Conversely, they were all over us the minute we tried to play out from our own box.

Exactly this. 

12 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Just got back,

the stats don’t show the story for me.

We let them get back in that, Chelsea had no right to. We were so sloppy in possession, unforced errors and lazy tracking back from some players. That’s why their possession was so high, not slick passing or build up play from Chelsea.

Watkins fed on scraps all game, we lumped it up to him god knows how many times, he must have been deflated at the end.

luiz and Carlos had nightmares today and thank god McGinn can turn on a sixpence because he got at least three hospital passes from team mates. 

I just wish we hadn’t got more injuries to worry about, and I wish Konsa sparked out half their attacking lineup.

what I did see is that Chelsea are a very immature side, Gallagher as the ring leader but they are a rabble of talented morons… they won’t be top next year, no chance 

I hope that pricks mum catches hepatitis

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Really, it was one way traffic….it was inevitable they were going to score..,.they scored against EMI in the 1st half but for a VAR intervention….look at it without the claret and blue specs…..apart from the first 10 mins we’re 2nd best all round…..

Make your mind up. You said you was departing, why disappoint?

So many times we took one too many touches when there was a man unmarked on the wing for the release, but let’s keep perspective guys, last time I looked we were best in the league at not dropping points when leading.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Strange team Chelsea . Shit and decent at the same time. We’ve put the pressure on spurs now so let’s see 

Seem to raise their game at VP for some reason. 

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Make your mind up. You said you was departing, why disappoint?

aint got a clue what this means

• Like 1

My general school of thought is when you have been the dominated team you take the point. Yes, we did have a 2 nil lead but not once did we dominate the game so in the end it could well be a bonus point. Especially as I think the disallowed goal was on the soft side. Our midfield really struggled without tielmans which worries me for Thursday. I thought olsen did fine and rogers struts around Villa Park like he owns the place. 

Spurs still have to go and get the points so all this talk of today denting our top 4 hopees is rubbish. We all expected Chelsea to respond from their dreadful mid week performance and they did. The real downside is the injuries I just hope they are not too bad.

I also thought the atmosphere was a bit odd. Not sure if it was the kick off time or people just felt on edge. It all kicked off in the Holte at the end with a few people arguing with each other, which left a slight sour test. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Big picture, a point is good and keeps the pressure on spurs.

Small picture, that was utter garbage, I don't understand how the staff change, the players change, but the weak mentality is never truly eliminated at this club, baffling

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

look, we are all disappointed especially giving a 2 goal lead away

but having read every post up to now this crap performance and bottle job and dropped points was all Olsens fault

Olsen was awful, he was crap, he doesn't command the area etc etc

we did not concede a 2 goal lead due to Olsen......far from it...but hey ho

haters always gonna hate

@ChicagoVillan1983 @bojong @osmark86 @brummybloke @DJ_Villain @sheepyvillian

i'm naming and shaming....put these words together wobble give head...others shit players performances....manager it wrong got

if i get a warning so be it but bloody hell...

oh, and i aint responding to any one of you who put something back at me because i can't be arsed as it will most probably be bollocks

Settle down, brother. Why is everyone getting so stressed out today?

Sucks that we lost a 2 goal lead, but we simply aren't the same side without Emi leading us out from the back and bossing the defence. Let's put it differently - you're having a go because I said we're a much worse side when the best goalkeeper in the entire world isn't playing? Think you need to get checked, mate...

It isn't being negative to say that. If you read the rest of what I said I was happy with a point and loving who we are this season!

No need to get so aggressive buddy. We're acting like Spurs fans...

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983

I’m happy with the point at the end.  If you aren’t playing well in a game then make sure you don’t lose it and we didn’t.  We were poor, didn’t deserve the two nil lead…when we got that lead we were sloppy to let them back in but it was one of those games you always felt they would because we weren’t at the races today.  I think that will end up being a vital point for us so I’m happy as I can be.

• Like 2

I have been moaning about the score blah blah. I didn't realise that this point means we cant finish lower than 5th 

So we have European football again next year, what ever the cup and we can progress higher 

Beginning to take it for granted 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's interesting that mentality and physicality keeps coming up in this thread.

I think we were tactically badly organised tonight and technically really poor on the ball.

I think it's our mentality and physicality that got us a point despite that.

I do think sometimes when we set out to play a low tempo we end up with a low energy approach as well. Yes you can slow the game down but you still need to push yourself to make space and make those 50-50s. I suspect if you're setting out this way it's very hard to transform out of it if you need to.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Pochettino can **** off as well. Balloon faced rocket polisher.

I enjoyed it when he said “not even Aston Villa fans understand why that goal wasn’t given”

I mean that’s not true is it Mauricio?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â