limpid

Match Polls  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Not the greatest of games and Villa's inability to hold on to the ball was a worry...

I was praising Douglas Luiz before the game so sorry about that because he had a bit of a stinker.

Chelsea are a good team yet quite a horrible, Pochettino was moaning all through the game and I guess it influences their players too.

They are a very immature team and it shows. I’ve had lunchtime games at school with less testosterone kicking around than the chelsea team.

kicking off. Rude, Gallagher a ring leader, seems an absolute melt of a human being   

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

A mistake fans made before the game was having it in their head that Chelsea is a shit team.

No they aren't. If they were they'd be fighting relegation. They are a point off an european spot. 

There are aspects of their game that are really, really strong and I knew that before the game.

When I look at Chelsea nd what they're doing it's far, far more sustainable than let's say Man Utd.

I would say they're inconsistent team, who at times look like a top 4 side and other times a mediocre side. It seem when they come to VP they revert to top 4 side.

Out of curiosity, has there been any discussion of whether the ball was out of play when it was stopped on the side line by the Trinity Road stand before our first goal? From where I was in the Doug Ellis it looked for all the world like it was out, and I'm sure all the players stopped as well for a second. I'm guessing it wasn't entirely over the line.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Good to note that on the Sky commentary (from the two minute highlight thing they did) that the commentator says "that's a foul on Diego Carlos" and then seems amazed the ref let the goal stand initially - Andy Townsend on co-comms also backed him up and both absolutely expected the goal to be chalked off on VAR. 

It's always nice to know that others can see the obvious in front of them.

It's a clear foul IMO, but I'm not sure they would give a penalty for that if was up the other end. 

No consistency unfortunately. This is what it's come.

Posted (edited)

Chelsea don't half moan, surrounded the ref at the end. Must be embarrassed watching the replay. Disappointed Carlos never appealed for a foul tbh

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Chelsea don't half moan, surrounded the ref at the end. Must be embarrassed watching the replay. Disappointed Carlos never appealed for a foul tbh

Wasn’t everyone on Diaby’s back last week for appealing for a foul after a push in the back meanwhile play carried on and we conceded a penalty?

To be fair that was a really poor performance and Chelsea played pretty well.  That has to be taken as a point gained and move on.  

How good a point will be decided by Spurs games today and Thursday.

15 minutes ago, tinker said:

If they can surround and mob their own player that's just about to take a penalty then I'm sure they have no morals for surrounding match officials. 

Bunch of classless words removed 

Edited by Kingman

26 minutes ago, tinker said:

I didn't think it was a foul, but grateful VAR did

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I enjoyed it when he said “not even Aston Villa fans understand why that goal wasn’t given”

I mean that’s not true is it Mauricio?

The difference between the two managers is night and day. Unai would only ever blame the performance and make no excuses, while Poch does the complete opposite.

Cant believe I was torn on which one I’d prefer as our manager back then. Poch is a total crybaby, which suits Chelsea well, while Emery has a class that is befitting of our club.

Edited by fightoffyour

13 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

The good news is that Chelsea also have to play Spurs. Let’s hope this Chelsea turn up and not the one that played Arsenal the other day.

I think you are assuming/ hoping, that Spurs "stand off" in the way we did......Chelsea was good, because they was allowed to be.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NorthEastVillan said:

Second best for 97 minutes. Dunno what it is with playing Chelsea and not performing.

Losing Youri and Martinez killed us tbh. Dougie is looking a liability and has for a while.

Unai set up completely wrong for this one and takes some blame.

Too many bad performances and lack of composure. Rogers motm but so many 5/10s out there.

So frustrating.

yep.

when all you can offer is a 28% possession stat at home.........I would say that's a magnificent point.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, andym said:

I suspect summer recruitment will have mentality as a key factor

Just like Brentford, we go 2 up and the players put their feet up thinking of the european game later in the week

We've got too many who are very good players, great when their on it, but when they get the pressure on them they go invisible. And i include the captain in that.

when teams have a sniff, that we are not on it......by not pressing, not being first to the ball or not challenging......that's when their confidence grows, and we have seen in so many times, where we have literally invited  teams back in to the game.

We can blame the keeper all we like, probably because Emi has bailed us out so many times........the issue is in midfield.

We simply don't have enough players in the squad, who can hold a 2-0 lead......players who can contain, and nullify, ours are inconsistent.....and every one of them has an attacking bias.....without Kamara, the only defenders we have are in the back four.

We are crying out for another holding midfielder.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

How can we play like we did against Arsenal, and then muster that sad show.

Unai often talks about consistency is his aim......I think the summer recruiting, consistency, will be foremost on his mind.

We some players in the squad, who can negate the threats of opponents, and nullify their enthusiasm and intensity....and regain the initiative, when we lose it.

14 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

I dunno how we can be 2 - 0 up at half time then come full time I'm happy with a point. Awful second half, we didn't bother playing again until they equalised, as long as spurs don't win tomorrow it's not the end of the world. 

The signs were there in the first half...its was coming, all around me, said it's coming.

You simply cannot play that passive, and expect to win anything.

You have to compete in this league.....and that does not mean retreating in to a low block, and yielding territory, it means going after opponents with conviction.

I get the mitigation of injuries, and too many competitive games, but we have to remember, we went out of the domestic cups early......and the cup game against Chelsea, had overtones of that second half, where they played through us once again...so what do we learn?

I am not expert on player energy, so if we are running on fumes, we need more players to rotate.....and those players we need, need to be able to compete, as a pre-requisite......if we keep, citing energy as a issue, our ambitions will be curtailed.

My concern is..We have some talented players, who don't seem to like traffic and when the going gets tough, go missing, they become passengers.

14 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

United, Newcastle, Chelsea

All seem to do well against  us. Defo a pattern there as they are all the teams outside of the top 5.

Unai needs to look at that. 

Yes there is.

They run at us....and we don't have enough players, comfortable with that scenario.

bar from a handful, all our players are attack minded, they haven't got the natural nous, for stopping opponents....I mean clean skillful challenges, and turn overs, where we come out with the ball..........how many times do we see half hearted attempts to seize the ball...its passive.

Kamara was a break from tradition..... we have been short of this type of player for years.

We play with one ( with defensive nous) the other one, is more suitable to attacking, but is deployed there......some teams have 2 and a few spares in the squad.

We simply cannot contain games, going in to the lead, without the necessary skill set, to do so......deploying attack minded players in defensive duties, is the main problem IMO.

Edited by TRO

Â