limpid

Match Polls  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

This is said after every bad game they have. 

Be fair…. That was shite. Any game where we are subbing subs is a good indicator of how we were playing. 

Just now, bobzy said:

Man Utd just got incredibly lucky.

With Newcastle and Chelsea, it's the high-intensity press in the middle of the park.

Yeah to be fair they closed down all night making it difficult to get going most of the time. Their plan was to control the middle, and with all the possession they had it was going to give them chances. Glad we took those 2 we had to go 2 up because we didn’t create much else 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Tielemans was walking off. Hope that means he’s ok, we really need some luck on the injury front.

I walked off recently with a grade 3 groin tear, I'm out for at least 3-4 months :(

• Sad 3

Our positioning at times was poor. We couldn’t keep the ball because of this and then second balls bypassed us. 9 points would have made it virtually impossible for Spurs to catch us. I think we will beat Liverpool and Palace but Brighton are due a win against us. 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We've been performing better without Luiz recently.

* Controversial 👀

I don't even think that's controversial, pretty much a statement of fact. 

• Like 3

I'd have taken a point before the game and happy with it. We're not going to play well every game and it was important to keep the points tally ticking over. 

2 wins and 2 draws from our last 4 games played is good going. 

• Like 2

Always a killer to give up a 2 goal lead but if you'd have said 2 weeks ago 7 points from Arsenal, Bournemouth and Chelsea I'd have taken your hand off.

Overall poor, we take a point and move on.

Hoping this Chelsea turn up against Spurs as they're not the team their league position and some of results suggests. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

United, Newcastle, Chelsea

All seem to do well against  us. Defo a pattern there as they are all the teams outside of the top 5.

Unai needs to look at that. 

I've just said the same thing. We just cannot play against Newcastle and Chelsea. I just think they're far too physical for us. Only sides who have really shown us up this season.

It happens. Just their style and press isn't something we can cope with.

Sigh! I'm just glad that's over. 5 more minutes and we'd have lost that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

VAR saved us tonight. That nudge looked very soft to me and I think the goal should have stood.

Soft? :D  **** hell.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Olsen was utter gash as per 95% of his time here.

Can't agree.

He was left out to dry by his defenders on both goals and he made two excellent saves to preserve the victory. He gave the ball away once, but on the whole he's gotten much better on the ball.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jim said:

Olsen didn’t do much wrong and a great save to deny Palmer.

He was at least partly at fault for that **** up with Carlos that nearly lost us the game

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the_eristic said:

Know what we were trying to do, but minus Youri then Emi plus Doug playing awfully meant we had no control even in a defensive stance. Seemed like everyone's first touch was non-existent, too.

Spot - on. Losing Tielimans so early was a big blow. We certainly lost some momentum from that and then to come out for the 2nd half without Emi, you just knew it was going to be a struggle. I'm still trying to work out why Tim didn't close down and prevent that 2nd goal. 

Â