Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

Just now, gilbertoAVFC said:

If the FK just hits Zaniolo on the corner of the wall having jumped to the side like he did, no one cares.

It's totally outcome bias to blame him. A lot of places jump to the side because naturally the ball is more likely to be aimed around the wall rather than in between it.

How's he meant to know Foden puts it where he's stood? It's just not his fault.

Tbh I was thinking this too, send natural to do maybe to block that side 

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Totally, he should just stand there and stick to Konsa. I was reacting to the idea he was a coward, that's bollocks, he tried to anticipate Foden bending it round the wall and tried to jump in the way, not get out of the way. He realised too late and tried to block it with his leg.

Can understand that point of view too. Wish he hadn’t but hey hum, can’t believe it’s only 2-1

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

Feel Emery overthinks it when we play the big boys. We surely have the talent to play a lot better than we are.

We destroyed them at VP.

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Straight through the wall, that’s so shite

Zaniolo was poor and that free kick hits a decent wall and looks awful but to be fair at 1-1 in injury time dougie needs to be getting the ball gone not trying to flick the ball back over the city player losing it and having to give a dangerous free kick away and potentially could have got a second yellow 

Do we take Doug off for safety in the second half?

Being a man down and missing him for 3 games is a real danger in the scheme of things.

At least we've got Youri on the bench.

Objectively though, we've done pretty well considering just how depleted the team is 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Totally, he should just stand there and stick to Konsa. I was reacting to the idea he was a coward, that's bollocks, he tried to anticipate Foden bending it round the wall and tried to jump in the way, not get out of the way. He realised too late and tried to block it with his leg.

Yeh I dont think he's being a coward just not thinking enough about staying solid in the wall first and foremost.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Might have to sub Luiz early or risk a red.

Would do Luiz good to sit a couple. Hasn't been great for a while now.

• Confused 2

We really need the "regulars" to show some level heads. Dougie is gonna get a red at this rate which will cost us.

As I suspected City are terrible at the back but such a force going forward. Our defense looks at 6s and 7s at times.