Things you have lost interest in

Xela

I always say this but lockdown completely ruined my interest in reading, I used to read 3 books a week, I often used to get sent free books by authors to review.

When I started working from home I couldn't bring myself to pick up a book after staring at a screen all day, it felt too similar to work, I haven't read a book in about 3 years now.

Same with my piano, the fact that I had nothing else to sit on aside from my piano stool when working meant that I choosing to sit on it for hours after work was an absolute no no, I sold the piano about 2 years ago now, I've gotta be honest, I really miss it now.

On the flip side though, I found my guitar was great for taking a little 5 or 10 minute break from my keyboard and my passion for that has kicked back in tenfold, I used to play for probably half an hour a week but now I play for hours every day.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Oh and ana...

Nah not really ;)

Same here, still have a healthy interest, I’m looking at someone next to me reading a book who would **** smash my head in if I tried it again. 

• Haha 1

Funny this thread surfaces. I've been playing Clash of Clans religiously for 10 years or so, but i've hardly played this year. Just the same shite day after day. You build up, get more powerful and get more powerful opponents. Just the same shit year after year.  No idea why it took me so long to get bored really. 

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

SERIOUSLY??? 🤯

Not really. Occasionally, I glean some information from comments in off topic, and as I scrolled through the football section on the guardian website recently I saw we were playing Ajax, so I guess we qualified for Europe last year, but that's about it. And I don't miss knowing or feel curious about it. 

• Shocked 2

Definitely football, in my teens and early 20s id have watched 6 or 7 games over easter weekend, PL, EFL, la Liga, bundesliga, series A, now I'm 100% villa games, snippets of PL and bundesliga games, used to have soft spots for barca inter and dortmund and follow their results, don't do that anymore 

Films is interesting because at home I've gone off films completely, I prefer the big budget streaming service TV shows but I still love the cinema and I've had it taken away from me cos of where I live, I want to take my daughter more even if the films are in German and I dont understand them that's how much I love the cinema 

Gaming I've changed my habits, play a Switch or PS portal in bed and I'm as in to that as I've ever been 

Drinking I've found that a weird sense of futility has kicked in, yesterday watched villa in the pub had 5 pints, got home had a couple of cans, half way through the 2nd can I stopped and thought why am I doing this? To what benefit? Tipped it down the sink, I do that a lot, 10 years ago I'd have pushed on and finished the cans and probably a bottle of rum, an air of pointlessness surrounds drinking for me now 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Definitely football, in my teens and early 20s id have watched 6 or 7 games over easter weekend, PL, EFL, la Liga, bundesliga, series A, now I'm 100% villa games, snippets of PL and bundesliga games, used to have soft spots for barca inter and dortmund and follow their results, don't do that anymore 

Films is interesting because at home I've gone off films completely, I prefer the big budget streaming service TV shows but I still love the cinema and I've had it taken away from me cos of where I live, I want to take my daughter more even if the films are in German and I dont understand them that's how much I love the cinema 

Gaming I've changed my habits, play a Switch or PS portal in bed and I'm as in to that as I've ever been 

Drinking I've found that a weird sense of futility has kicked in, yesterday watched villa in the pub had 5 pints, got home had a couple of cans, half way through the 2nd can I stopped and thought why am I doing this? To what benefit? Tipped it down the sink, I do that a lot, 10 years ago I'd have pushed on and finished the cans and probably a bottle of rum, an air of pointlessness surrounds drinking for me now 

5 pints and a can would make me sloshed.  Can't imagine what a couple more and a bottle of rum would do to me!

Are you overweight?  You're always talking about food and drinks.  You're Rick Waller in my head :lol:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I still love a drink when i'm out, but i'm far better at regulating myself than I used to be. I'm always in control now, as opposed to getting home with no memory of how I got back, etc.

Yeah, I still might have a bit of a headache the next day, but I don't have the 'beer fear' anymore!

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

5 pints and a can would make me sloshed.  Can't imagine what a couple more and a bottle of rum would do to me!

Are you overweight?  You're always talking about food and drinks.  You're Rick Waller in my head :lol:

I'm 6ft and 75kg so somewhere around 12 stone at a guess, I changed jobs last year which means a lot of driving and no time to play football, where I lived and worked before I was walking 5km home every day and playing football twice a week, locked myself in a bath every night that was so hot it created like a sauna, I got as low as 68kg and I didn't look good for it but now I've got to be careful, I've put just about enough weight on to be ok but would like to lose half a stone for the summer, I'm crazy skinny on like on legs and arms, it all goes on my belly 

Im on holiday in the UK now so it's different but on a normal day i tend to eat 1 big usually bad meal plus a bit of chocolate, if I do eat twice it'll be yoghurt with banana, got an exercise bike and weights at home which is also something I've unfortunately lost interest in...

At the height of drinking and going to the villa I got up to 14.5 stone 

• Shocked 1

Football to an extent. I still love Villa and watch every game, and I still watch a fair amount of Premier League football. 

But I barely watch any football outside of the premier league now. I used to watch the champions league every week, Bundesliga highlights, La Liga matches etc. Now I do none of that apart from the Champions League when it gets down to the last few knockout rounds. 

But Rugby is the big one for me. I used to be obsessed with it at school and uni. Played it and watched it religiously. 

Now I’ll watch the World Cup and the odd 6 nations game but that’s it

• Like 1

Pool and darts

Used to play in teams for both and practice regularly.  

Got a full-size pool table and proper dart set up in our games room but never ever play.

The boys are on there all the time, but I just have no interest at all which is bonkers really especially taking to account how good I was at both

The title of the thread seems to invite confessions of existential angst and regret, but isn't life always about moving on, as Shakespeare famously put it?

We all know that football is total bollocks but hey, seeing Brentford equalise when Man U think "it's all over", does provide the odd consolation. 😃

4 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

Not really. Occasionally, I glean some information from comments in off topic, and as I scrolled through the football section on the guardian website recently I saw we were playing Ajax, so I guess we qualified for Europe last year, but that's about it. And I don't miss knowing or feel curious about it. 

Sorry, but in this, of all seasons, that is absolutely staggering! 

• Like 2

Echo a lot of the football comments. I don’t think I could name an entire first XI of any other club.

Am happy to watch a game in a pub with a few mates, really it’s just background entertainment. The pantomime of it all amuses me.

I can’t remember when I completely lost interest in actually playing football or any sport, but it was years ago, probably my early 20’s.

Going to the pub on a weekly basis. 

Always loved a pint or two with mates but more and more I can’t be bothered.

we now meet up now every month or so, which is great for a catch up but the thought of a night out drinking every week no longer interests me. 

Hardly drink at home either.

Don't get me wrong, I still love a good session (usually combined with a gig away somewhere) and I can still sink a few but just don’t want to do it every week. 

• Like 1

Struggling to think of anything, tbh. 

There are countless things I'm not interested in, but that's because I never was, not because I've 'lost' interest. 

Can't imagine ever losing interest in music or reading. 

• Like 1

The telly.

There is very little I would be keen to watch, maybe the occasional series such as Pottery Throwdown. We have more channels and subscriptions than ever but i can scroll around and its all just mostly dross.

I’ve just watched the first episode of Fargo series 5 and I thought that was good, but I can see it being several days before I watch the next one, unless i just plain completely forget about it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

The telly.

There is very little I would be keen to watch, maybe the occasional series such as Pottery Throwdown. We have more channels and subscriptions than ever but i can scroll around and its all just mostly dross.

I’ve just watched the first episode of Fargo series 5 and I thought that was good, but I can see it being several days before I watch the next one, unless i just plain completely forget about it.

Yes I often forget how much the influence of linear tv has declined. When I was growing up it was 4, then five channels at most. If something popular was on, everybody talked about it. I think it came home for me  last Christmas when I looked at the tv schedule and they have basically given up now. I am not saying it was better but it has definitely changed.

• Like 2

Â