Things you have lost interest in

Xela

Most people say music, unless trying to convince themself that they're still young at heart, but listen to the same old crap and aren't hip to the real new stuff

'And you know, my child, in life there comes a time, still quite remote for you, when our weary eyes can tolerate only one light, that which a lovely night like this prepares and distills from the darkness, when our ears cannot listen to any other music but that which is played by the moonlight on the flute of silence.'

From Du côté de chez Swann

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, useless said:

'And you know, my child, in life there comes a time, still quite remote for you, when our weary eyes can tolerate only one light, that which a lovely night like this prepares and distills from the darkness, when our ears cannot listen to any other music but that which is played by the moonlight on the flute of silence.'

From Du côté de chez Swann

That's all very well but try saying that to a disappointed fan in a piss-corner at Villa Park.

• Like 1

Like many here gaming defo is one of that was lost. Especially on football games too, would be great to have the old PES back, or even a simple sensible soccer with today's Villa, that would be interesting. Never and won't go with whatever they call with silly football cards, nor online footy game Vs say Burnley who starred KDB, Salah etc up front, just feels wrong. Use your Brownhill and O'Shea instead!

Cinema another one, I think netflix and the likes have unfortunately changed me, I would rather be in my comfort seat and munching chilli nuts, drinking my wine, farting when I needed to without caring about the noise or disturbing others.

20 hours ago, useless said:

Most people say music, unless trying to convince themself that they're still young at heart, but listen to the same old crap and aren't hip to the real new stuff

It's been proven that you mostly stop liking new music around the age of 25. Whatever you like by then is what you'll like forever. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's been proven that you mostly stop liking new music around the age of 25. Whatever you like by then is what you'll like forever. 

1979 in my case, so, yeah. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I'd kind of agree, there isn't much post 2004 (when I was 25) that I've loved. It will be out there but I'm just not fussed about finding out. 

However, i've discovered more older music as time goes on - I was older than 25 when I started listening to Floyd, Sabbath, Zep, etc. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Do you have a link to the peer reviewed paper where this was proved? As I might just want to tell them they're talking shit :D 

• Haha 1

I took the ‘you’ in the original post as a ‘people in general’, not some freaks on VT.

I think for ‘people in general’, it’s very likely to be true. People in my office presume I am a music snob as I still buy music rather than listening to what some Steve Jobs leasing algorithm gives me.

Well it's bullshit as I was listening to Willie Nelson, The Fall, Johnny Cash and Alan Jackson whereas now I listen to other people. You wouldn't know them, they go to a different school. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Well, then everyone that thinks like that is totally missing out.

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Well, then everyone that thinks like that is totally missing out.

No we're not. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Another one I have thought of. 

Going abroad - I have just lost the desire to go on foreign holiday or breaks. I'd rather go away for a few days in the UK now. 

Actually, yeah, kinda this. Especially post-Brexit it just doesn't seem worth the hassle. 

21 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I love going abroad, it is just the increasing ball-ache of getting to your destination that annoys me. Took me hour and half the last time I went through Birmingham airport security.

Birmingham Airport is a disaster at the moment. I went through there last week, and the ridiculous giant lifts they've installed to get people up to security is completely mental.

14 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Birmingham Airport is a disaster at the moment. I went through there last week, and the ridiculous giant lifts they've installed to get people up to security is completely mental.

Yeah tell me about it! I arrived in plenty of time and then basically had to go straight to boarding the plane. Apparently it was supposed to be have been finished by now.

Lots of things, I’m sure. 

Golf. I used to be pretty good and would watch a fair bit on telly. 

Nordic events. I still like to go cross country skiing when I can, but used to watch it religiously every weekend as well. Haven’t watched a single race this season. 

International football. Haven’t watched a full Norway game in ages, I’m just not interested. Will be watching the Euros, though, even if Qatar caused significant harm to my interest in the big tournaments too. 

Films, to an extent. I was never the biggest film buff in the first place, but would always watch at least a couple of films a week at home. These days I might go to cinema twice a year tops, and at home I only watch Disney Pixar stuff with my son. 

Â