Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/04/24 at 22:59

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I’ve heard no pings on my phone or WhatsApp this morning from the in-laws side. 

Mind the gap you Yam Yam custard, bowlers 

However, I remain classy so far, but this will change after necking a couple of bottles of red with Easter dinner. They’re going to get it both barrels, especially her stupid brother

Yeahhhhhhhh

Let the bastard have it!.. :crylaugh:

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

17 hours ago, jim said:

Rogers out on loan next season, I’ll gladly eat crow if he makes it but I doubt he will.

artworks-000067947499-ikmq3r-t500x500.jp

Loan to where? Real Madrid?

• Like 2

How the heck does this xG bollox work? Fed up of hearing managers claiming they were the better team and should have won because of it. Same yesterday. Apparently wolves was higher. Let I saw Watkins clear through and miss; zaniolo great save; score twice…whilst those knuckle dragging dingle inbreds only forced Martinez into one decent save all game! Anyone looking on could see we were the better team for 60/90 minutes (I’ll give them the first 20; and first 10 of second half)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Well possibly but it looks like Manu were unable to apply pressure and their CL charge is more of a waddle.

Hindsight is 20/20. Again what do you want sky to do? Say the following match is crap so don't bother watching? 

Nice to have a squad with players on the bench able to come in and change the game in a positive way innit. Even with injuries we have that now. Nice.

Alex Moreno was clearly not at his best.  But I think that was partly a chosen strategy from wolves, based on our clear intent, from our likely, and announced starting roster  (and the fact that Cash was hurt).  When  you see that our back 4 is Konsa, Carlos, Torres, and Moreno its doesn't take a genius to realize that Morena will be used farther forward as much as possible, leaving a back 4.  Wolves then lined up with Ait-Nouri, a very attack minded and skilled left back and shifted to play him in the left side of a back three.  The also rotated their left and right midlfielders to take turns attacking down their right.  Their clear intent was to attack down our left pinning Moreno back and wearing him out, it worked for a while.  Early on, thet pinned him back more than we wanted, and when he did attack, either feeling rushed or pressured or tiring, his crossed were pretty abysmal by his usual standards.

Rogers was not as strong a defensive cover as was Zaniolo, his redeeming factor was how he carried the ball through traffic who were more handsy and grabby that I was when I first started driving my own dates out for an evening.  (In fact, I voted Luiz MOTM  mostly because he endured the entire match with hands pushing, pressuring and pulling on him so frequently it made me feel sorry for the ladies who suffered under my over-exuberance.)

Even Emi's incredible save from Ait-Nouri resulted from the repeatedly attacking our left which drew us left and pretty much the whole match was being played down or left.  Konsa was drawn toward the left which left Nouri unmarked behind him.

Things changed when we started attacking more on the right, mostly Diaby and Bailey, with good support from Konsa.  Their right side had to stay back to protect against crosses going to their right side.  IMO that's why the momentum shifted well before halftime and well before Digne and Zaniolo came on.  They were excellent but to say that Moreno and Rogers were awful was to completely miss what was happing in the strategies of the match.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I’ve heard no pings on my phone or WhatsApp this morning from the in-laws side. 

Mind the gap you Yam Yam custard, bowlers 

However, I remain classy so far, but this will change after necking a couple of bottles of red with Easter dinner. They’re going to get it both barrels, especially her stupid brother

Need an update now Folly, past 7pm. A few bottles deep - let the ribbing commence 😂😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, randy_69 said:

How the heck does this xG bollox work? Fed up of hearing managers claiming they were the better team and should have won because of it. Same yesterday. Apparently wolves was higher. Let I saw Watkins clear through and miss; zaniolo great save; score twice…whilst those knuckle dragging dingle inbreds only forced Martinez into one decent save all game! Anyone looking on could see we were the better team for 60/90 minutes (I’ll give them the first 20; and first 10 of second half)

It’ll be because that one chance they had probably carried an XG of about .90 on it’s own, given that they rate penalties as being 0.80 and this was markedly closer to goal whilst still being under little to no pressure, my best guess anyway.

10 hours ago, Jareth said:

And at least twice he outpaced their winger and cleared the ball. Then we won 2-0. Enjoy it dude. 

No problems with his defending, but like I said left side is attacking and he’s been looking Cash-esque, lots of energy but disappointing end product. He was so dangerous last season, one of our main creators.

18 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Hindsight is 20/20. Again what do you want sky to do? Say the following match is crap so don't bother watching? 

Not all at, but perhaps not make shit up claiming that a team that has no chance of 4th is "pressuring" those above or "making a charge" for the CL places - its laughable.

17 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Need an update now Folly, past 7pm. A few bottles deep - let the ribbing commence 😂😂

It ended with the Mrs saying to me you really need to grow up. Obviously got under their skin. Got a voice text off her brother was ‘ Yam unly beat a bunch of kids did’nt yam, weez would ave beat yous if we did’nt ave thems inguries’ 

My initial response was mind the gap, and can you please send the message again in the Kings English

• Haha 2

They didn't announce the attendance yesterday did they? Definitely a few empty seats (my lord). At over 60 quid a pop on easter weekend for a televised match it seems expensive. But no doubt another price jump next season.

People may worry about the injuries but I don't think I have seen such squad depth at Villa before. At 30 mins to go we bring on two players with a combined 60 plus caps for Italy and France to finish the game off.

54 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

They didn't announce the attendance yesterday did they? Definitely a few empty seats (my lord). At over 60 quid a pop on easter weekend for a televised match it seems expensive. But no doubt another price jump next season.

People may worry about the injuries but I don't think I have seen such squad depth at Villa before. At 30 mins to go we bring on two players with a combined 60 plus caps for Italy and France to finish the game off.

Yeah very expensive and also heard a few people say that season ticket holders who couldn’t go were unable to resell their tickets. 

7 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

It ended with the Mrs saying to me you really need to grow up. Obviously got under their skin. Got a voice text off her brother was ‘ Yam unly beat a bunch of kids did’nt yam, weez would ave beat yous if we did’nt ave thems inguries’ 

My initial response was mind the gap, and can you please send the message again in the Kings English

It tickles me, how our injuries, get a pass.....we too had some kids out there, with very few Premier, league games under their belt.

just sour grapes.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2024 at 23:56, Jas10 said:

Moussa taking care of the bonuses 😂

Ezri must’ve meant it then 😉 

Timex it is then.

• Haha 1

Â