wedge

I think unai will play:

Emi

Konsa.    Lenglet.       Torres.      Moreno

Doug.       Youri

Leon.                                        Zaniolo

Moussa.     Ollie

6 hours ago, omariqy said:

We've spent nearly 18 months under Emery achieving 2ppg by not being light in the determination and 'digging in' department. 

Exactly, we need to have some faith in Emery and his squad, they’ve certainly earned it since he came in. When the pressure was on this time last year we showed plenty of steel to win our way to 7th. We’ve been hit hard with injuries which goes some way to explaining our recent form of ‘only’ 1.63 ppg, but we’ve got every reason to believe that these lads will pull through and get there. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I'm gonna put some money on Zaniolo to score.

Was very suprised to see wolves as big as  9/2 - 5/1 yesterday 

Think its a lot closer than the betting suggests 

20 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Was very suprised to see wolves as big as  9/2 - 5/1 yesterday 

Think its a lot closer than the betting suggests 

Even a draw is 3/1 in some places, this is always a close and generally low scoring fixture.

23 hours ago, VillaChris said:

You're making it sound like we've been playing like 15/16 recently. We have 56 points for a reason as we're as strong in most areas if not better than Spurs and Man. United. That includes the key values like "workrate" "intensity" "urgency". I saw all that at Fulham which was a very good win when you think how comfortably they turned over Spurs in the end. Also needed to show guts at Luton to win that given how badly the second half went.

We're a good team, the issue is UE dosen't want to alter our tactical framework too much given the success of the last 18 months so that means recently players who aren't quite ready yet like Rogers are getting more minutes than they really should.

I hope he just sees Wolves as more a game we need to be on the front foot on from the first minute rather than feel our way into the match as that's been a real problem in our home games at VP so far in 2024.

We have 56 points, but the PPG has not been the same all season...... I am not getting in to the reasons, but that is a fact.

Our PPG in the last 10 games is not what it was all season....and the earlier season form, has us in 4th.....its misleading to suggest otherwise.

Wolves in the last 10 games are on 19 pts, we are on 17pts.....so in that respect, Wolves form is slightly better.

Like you, I have seen us show all those key values.....and I can honestly say, in some games, they have dipped....you may not think so, fine.

I understand, the injuries, have taken our edge off.....but that is something we have to deal with, and why, we may have to compensate, by raising those "key values)

I am not suggesting, we are anything, but a good team....but we have to compete.

If you are suggesting we need to be on the front foot....it's pretty well, another way of saying, what I am Alluding to.

You talk about tactics, and that's fine.....I see the ability to compete, just as important, to get a positive result....We have to negate Wolves enthusiasm and challenge the form that has them 5th in the form guide in the last 10 games.

ps I saw the Luton game, a little bit different to you....It was them that come back at us, in the second half....we rallied towards the end granted, but it was a moment of brilliance from 2 players, who sealed the win....my point is, we can't afford those second halves at Luton, against Wolves.

• Like 1

I just hope that we'll be the ones dictating the pace of the game. In recent times, Wolves have look at bit more up for this. Hopefully we won't be set up to counter attack (a la Spurs game). We're the better side and we're at home. Just get into them.

• Like 3

Back to the football that passionately matters. I think Zani may get a start on Saturday, certainly over Rodgers. This is going to be a battle and we need to be focused from the off. Nothing but 3 points will do. It's my birthday on Monday, so no better present than a Villa victory. 

Come on me Babbys!

• Like 1

I think we'll go Martinez; Konsa Carlos Pau Moreno; Bailey Iroegbunam Luiz Ramsey; Tielemans Watkins. But I wouldn't be surprised by any of Lenglet for Carlos, Digne for Moreno, Diaby for Iroegbunam with Tielemans deeper, Rogers for Ramsey if he's not ready.

7 games in 23 days, would become 14 games in 44 days if we qualify for the semis in Europe. I'm glad we've got Unai at the helm because we're going to have minimal time to prepare, have to adapt to injuries and tiredness very quickly.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Looks like Dawson and Hwang are both out. Dawson in particular is a big blow for them

In addition to Neto being out.

They also don't seem convinced that Cunha has got 90 minutes in him.

Edited by wedge

Mrs T had made plans a couple of weeks ago, that we are going to the outlaws for a curry and beers at 6.30. They have a shite signal where they live, so will be bloody difficult to keep up with the game. Hopefully we are 4 up by then

I would love it if we beat these love it. my in-laws are all mind the gap bothering custard bowl dwelling dog heads

• Like 1
  • Haha 1