Pre-match thread - Cup Final 2 of 10

wedge

51 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Another tough tough game. Hate to say it, but a draw isn't the end of the world.

It isnt the end of the world but the problem with that result is that we are starting to normalise non top 4 level form. That's no wins in 3 games going to Man City next. So pretty likely no wins in 4. 

We'd also have a very real worsening issue with home form which we need to restore for the rest of the season. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Another tough tough game. Hate to say it, but a draw isn't the end of the world.

We need to be winning games like this at home. Our away form is very up and down and we have some tough matches coming up where we would not be expecting any points.

• Like 1

We really do need a win and tbh there’s no excuses given Wolves have a few injuries. We’ve conceded 13 goals in our last 5 home league games. We need to get that form back. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

It's not with the context of knowing other results, but as we play before Spurs, a win is a must IMO. It really puts the pressure on them being 6 behind.

• Like 1

We simply must win this game, no other outcome will do, if we fail to win then that will be Newcastle, Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd, and Wolves that we will have failed to beat at Villa Park in recent times, we can't let that trend continue, otherwise players will start to lose confidence against the better teams

It's also a must win knowing that two of the next three are Arsenal and Man City away

our biggest threat could be ourselve if we think it will be easy just because they've got a few players out, they're good players, but they can still name a better starting eleven than teams that have got results against us this season, Neto and Hwang out, but peek Cunha and Sarabia stats, combinded they're actually better than Neto's and Hwang's, Aït-Nouri has also been doing well recently in a more advanced role

We can win, but won't be easy, Wolves squad isn't nearly as bad as some seem to think, and they're the masters at bouncing back from defeats, going to have to be at our best

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Must win.

End of the day, we have control of our destiny - so there's no one else to blame but us.

Saturday 1730 KO means that it should be a good atmosphere.

Hope Unai goes at them right away - they are not a team that can truly threaten once we've taken the lead - but if we let them stay in it - then they can expose us on the counter.

On 19/03/2024 at 23:16, T-Dog said:

I'll never understand why our record against these freaks is so bad - other than the 4-1 a few years back we've been very poor against them, even when they've been shite. I wanna see us absolutely rip them to shreds when we play next.

I do.

• Haha 1

A win keeps us looking upwards and maintains a healthy gap on Utd, a draw would leave us with work to do but we're capable and a defeat might make it difficult.

A defeat here could leave us going into our game against Brentford just three points ahead of a Manchester United side who would have a game in hand on us.

It's a big one against a very good side - a Wolves win could leave them in a European place on Saturday night.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's not with the context of knowing other results, but as we play before Spurs, a win is a must IMO. It really puts the pressure on them being 6 behind.

Think they play before us 

18 hours ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Think we need the points here and I believe we will snatch a win. It'll be tight but I think we can do it.

Nice avatar 👍🏼

• Like 2

On 24/03/2024 at 06:35, GlobalVillan said:

1-1

If we had either Kamara or McGinn we would win it but not without them. 

I don't think our midfield is good enough without either.

I'd agree if wolves were full strength, but they are missing key players too; They are not confident here.

Our squad is better than there's so we can't use a couple of players missing as an excuse really.

Neto and Hwang definitely out.

Cunha looks like he'll be back unfrotunately althought they'll have to play him out fo position apparently.

Bellegarde is 50/50, no idea if he's any good but Wolves fans say they absolutely need him back so let's hope he's out.

Another chance to be embarrassed on Sky.  Easter Weekend potentially ruined but thankfully I can drown my sorrows without worrying about work on Monday.

7-0 Villa

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 21/03/2024 at 05:24, rjw63 said:

... Custard coloured gap-minding cabbages.

I'll see your cabbages, and raise you a set of dingly dogheaded reasty-fingered yamyams.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

Going to this one and every game I have been to this season we have won. I don't know if that make me more confident or not

It should be a positive, since the other games you have attended have presumably also been Villa games.

Had the other games that "we" won been some random games and now you'd go to a Villa game with that record....

• Haha 1