New Aston Villa Stadium Chat

VillaChris

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unfortunately, some people may only accept this when it's too late, across the board of our operations.

I think our owners are smart and will be considering a new stadium - despite the "no plans to move". Everything being refurbed is a suggestion that we are squeezing the most out of VP in the short term. You think Atairos are here to look at a new stadium? Their parent company owns a lot of theme parks and resorts. 👀

Utd want a wembley of the north, they are also open to moving if they can't redevelop next to Old Trafford. 😐 - Everton new stadium looks very nice too.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

I think our owners are smart and will be considering a new stadium - despite the "no plans to move". Everything being refurbed is a suggestion that we are squeezing the most out of VP in the short term. You think Atairos are here to look at a new stadium? Their parent company owns a lot of theme parks and resorts. 👀

Utd want a wembley of the north, they are also open to moving if they can't redevelop next to Old Trafford. 😐 - Everton new stadium looks very nice too.

And soon Spurs will be selling the naming rights for their stadium for some astronomical sum.

25 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

It was quite odd that the announcement of their investment into V Sports explicitly said that their funds would be used for 'infrastructure investments'. Especially given that the North Stand redevelopment had long been canned by December and they easily could have gone for some sort of media expertise angle (given the Comcast links). You have to imagine there's some sort of significant project in the works (whether that's Villa Park/stadium-related or not) that we don't know about yet, or it'd just be a bit weird.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 2

On 27/01/2024 at 04:51, thabucks said:

The obvious plot for a new multi-use stadium  would be Star City… 

https://news.completelyretail.co.uk/star-city-goes-on-the-market-for-65m/

Seems quite cheap? I remember them building that and it was going to be the next big thing that everyone will be going to. Only been a few times over the years, always seemed dead.

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

I think the Philadelphia stadium is "owned" by Comcast - who have pretty tight connections with Atairos.....

5 minutes ago, allani said:

I think the Philadelphia stadium is "owned" by Comcast - who have pretty tight connections with Atairos.....

Just reading a bit more on this - the stadium is owned by Comcast who sold the naming rights to Wells Fargo.  But a couple of interesting additions - some stadium features were funded by other companies - so for example the scoreboard was purchased by and branded as Comcast, I think all the HDTVs, etc (on concourses and in executive boxes) were also all paid for / sponsored by one of Comcast's partners.  Also they changed their ticket provider from Ticketmaster to New Era Tickets - who are owned by..... Comcast.

There seems to be just a few too many connections there for this to be coincidence... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, burchy said:

All the top teams have huge state of the art stadiums now, if we don’t want to get left behind then we should at least be looking at is an option. 

It doesn’t have to be a soulless dome like so many of them, it could still be ‘Villa’ with lots of yellow on blue being used throughout its design 😜

It won’t though. 
it’ll be a soulless bowl. 

because that’s the cheapest option when making stadiums. That’s why they’re everywhere

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It won’t though. 
it’ll be a soulless bowl. 

because that’s the cheapest option when making stadiums. That’s why they’re everywhere

Everton's stadium looks quite nice tbf.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

How about move into the Ricoh short term and rebuild Villa Park instead of moving away? Like Tottenham built over the White Hart Lane.

Is there the space for that? It's quite a narrow site.

18 minutes ago, allani said:

Just reading a bit more on this - the stadium is owned by Comcast who sold the naming rights to Wells Fargo.  But a couple of interesting additions - some stadium features were funded by other companies - so for example the scoreboard was purchased by and branded as Comcast, I think all the HDTVs, etc (on concourses and in executive boxes) were also all paid for / sponsored by one of Comcast's partners.  Also they changed their ticket provider from Ticketmaster to New Era Tickets - who are owned by..... Comcast.

There seems to be just a few too many connections there for this to be coincidence... 

Next you'll be telling us that it'll be quirky...

And then before we know it they're moving the stadium to ...

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People often mention " soulless " bowls, but American Stadiums are mostly.of the same design and the atmospheres in most of them are really good. So ,...

In 100 years stadiums might be levitating and fans will be moaning that their traditional bowl is outdated.

Aside from this, the Everton design and the Chelsea proposals actually looked quite nice, a blend of traditional and modern imo.

• Like 1