• Watkins
    • Durán (Watkins 32)
    • Tielemans (Rogers 45)
    • Lenglet (Carlos 73)
    • Iroegbunam (Bailey 73)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/24 at 23:59

Much, much better second half after Emery got into them.

Bonus that both Duran and Diaby scored. Won’t do their confidence any harm at all.

Gave Torres MOTM as he was immaculate. Back to his best!

• Like 1

Not as straightforward as the scoreline suggests because here was yet another team that let us play and we only looked 'actually good' when their man was sent off. If you hassle us, we crumble, if you don't, we romp. Story of our season.

• Like 1

Just now, striker said:

Much, much better second half after Emery got into them.

Bonus that both Duran and Diaby scored. Won’t do their confidence any harm at all.

Gave Torres MOTM as he was immaculate. Back to his best!

That's a fair shout actually. I went for Diaby, but Pau was excellent.

• Like 1

Not just saying this but I don't think I've ever been more confident and comfortable for a pair of Villa games in all my life. The drop off from Ajax is mental, they are such a bad side. They didn't trouble us at all, in either leg. 

Very good second half from Villa and just what we needed. Best performance from Diaby in a while which is great to see and the crazy man Duran returned with a goal. The Watkins injury is a massive blow (and Carlos imo..) let's not kid ourselves despite how well tonight went. I'd be worried going a period of time without him so lets hope for the best. 

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Not as straightforward as the scoreline suggests because here was yet another team that let us play and we only looked 'actually good' when their man was sent off. If you hassle us, we crumble, if you don't, we romp. Story of our season.

I hear ya, but I think some of the games where we lost leads were more about complacency and losing our focus, and not about being delicate flowers 💐 unable to deal with being hassled.

Â