• Watkins
    • Durán (Watkins 32)
    • Tielemans (Rogers 45)
    • Lenglet (Carlos 73)
    • Iroegbunam (Bailey 73)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/24 at 23:59

Broadcast starts at 1, when the explanations, introductions, glad handing, and bribes are done and we get to the actual draw? Anybody's guess.

Watkins injury is a cut/opening on the knee stated by Bailey post match. So not muscular which is good.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

0 minutes added? Did the ref feel bad for them?

The correct thing to do when it's a knockout tournament. Goal difference has no weight

• Like 1

On 07/03/2024 at 19:32, villaajax said:  You know, Villa have won every game I've ever been to, if anyone wants to give up a ticket, for the greater good? 😌

This victory belongs to @whitsend. A deeply superstitious man, he did indeed give up his ticket and possibly the best seat in the Holte End for the greater good and Villa have been richly rewarded.

I'm sad I didn't get one of those awful two team scarves though...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I know their stature is long gone, however I love that we knocked out a huge name in European football  

Is what Ajax would have loved to have said.... :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I know their stature is long gone, however I love that we knocked out a huge name in European football  

ye, regardless of how good they are right now, Ajax is one of those genuine glitter names in football, they are a club steeped in history, spanking them is always special.

Solid performance without hitting any stellar heights. Through to the next round and let’s hope the injury to Ollie is not serious.

McGinn was my man of the match. I thought he controlled the middle of the park and kept us ticking over. He will be hugely missed over the next three games.

Smart move in taking Rogers off at halftime and removing the chance of going down to 10 men. It’s still a hell of a step up from the Championship and will have been good experience the lad. I thought a decent performance by Tielemans. Also nice cameos by Tim and Kellyman.

lets see what the draw throws up tomorrow.

onwards!

Edited by Lochheads twin
  • Like 2

Â