Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/24 at 23:59

This was the part of the season last year when West Ham really took a bullet from all the fixtures. 

We have too many injuries for this squad depth, Unai tried a new tactic considering our prior home setups and to try and help transitions into midfield and it didn’t work, either. 

Tired legs make bad decisions. And people make mistakes. As someone said, bad day to have a bad day. 

Edited by 479Villan

Couldn't have gone any worse than that. Heavy defeat. McGinn misses the next three games. Managed to contain them first half but once they scored we lost our heads completely. So many below par performance. What's happened to Bailey, really needed him to turn up today. Tielemans non existent. A huge setback. Spurs far better and now have momentum to get 4th 

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Tbh Emery did lose his bottle today. 5atb at home against Spurs is cowardly and pathetic tbh 

Careful with your hyperbole there you're not leaving much room to get more angry. 

10 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Pathetic team, pathetic mentality. Wrong approach from the start and once again we’ve lost at home to a top half team. And not just lost but totally embarrassed.

We’re just a small provincial club these days with the odd good season. We have financial issues and our ambition in January was to sign a mid table championship player. We’ve been in this position many times before and bottled it. Back to mid table next season I reckon.

I have no idea how to help you???

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Can someone ban this donut, either a Blue nose or on severe amounts of drugs. 

To be fair I’m neither a Nose or on drugs. I’m genuinely a Villa fan but I’m just being brutally honest about us. And people don’t like hearing brutal honesty because it hurts.

maybe you should show a bit more emotion after your team has just been pumped 4-0 at home to a team that it’s supposed to be competing with for top 4. Instead you just get triggered by what strangers you’ve never met say on an internet forum. I feel sorry for you.

12 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Pathetic team, pathetic mentality. Wrong approach from the start and once again we’ve lost at home to a top half team. And not just lost but totally embarrassed.

We’re just a small provincial club these days with the odd good season. We have financial issues and our ambition in January was to sign a mid table championship player. We’ve been in this position many times before and bottled it. Back to mid table next season I reckon.

Been a few noses sign up lately. Maybe there should be a basic maths question on account creation? 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I have no idea how to help you???

I lost it. Villa have ruined me today. But I can’t believe how anyone can be positive after an extremely negative approach by our manager and an utterly stupid and dangerous tackle by our captain. 

• Like 1

Can someone check on Leon Bailey please... you can't just turn up when you feel like it. Didn't look like he gave a **** today. I don't know if it's tiredness or what but that was so dissapointing.

We didn't stand up, went missing again switched second half sloppy goal. Tactics first half didn't like them at all yeah we kept spurs to one shot first half but there no city or arsenal who we took the game on to from the first minute and were at home go for it.

Edited by ozvilla28

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

It worked to am extent first half. Tactics are only as good as the players who perform them and sadly we were shocking second half 

It was tiredness and complacency in the 2nd half that cost us - the system was fine. 

• Like 2

Level heads needed.  No problem with emery set up, limited their attacks in the first half.  We lost due to misfortune and a bad konsa pass

Spurs are probably better than us anyway so i wasnt surprised, we just need to keep going and find a solution for next 3 games with super john

1 minute ago, MCU said:

Can someone check on Leon Bailey please... you can't just turn up when you feel like it. Didn't look like he gave a **** today. I don't know if it's tiredness or what but that was so dissapointing.

He just sign a new contract?

2 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

a setup that limits spurs to just 1 shot and 0 shots on target at half time isn't that bad. We had a few moments in the first half to score on the counter but bailey and watkins were very poor with their touches.

Spurs first goal was a great cross and then the 2nd goal was a gift. Then mcginn puts the nail in the coffin with a stupid tackle.

I can take losing to spurs but losing mcginn for the 3 games at this time in the season when we have already lost kamara for rest of season is really depressing... He has really stuffed us up just like that kamara red did previously.

I agree 👍.

Ultimately we lost (convincingly) so fans will all blame the tactics, but first half we were still the more likely side and they created nothing.

The second goal was a stupid mistake by Konsa, then McGinn has a moment of madness and the games gone. All tactics after that are thrown out of the window and we gradually got worse and worse.

It hurts, really hurts, but it's just 3 points at the end of the day and it's all about how we react now moving forward.

Missing McGinn for 3 games is the worst part of all this, and how people can vote him our MOTM for showing "fight" is ridiculous - it was plain stupidity.

• Like 1

I'm trying to think who I'd have played on the left in order to play the usual formation and struggling.  The best I can think of is Moreno ahead of Digne.  Diaby and Zaniolo seem like wastes of skin at the moment and I'm not sure about Rogers defensively.