Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Weirdly defensive approach today. Can’t understand what the thinking was. I turn away for 10 minutes and suddenly we’re two down and McGinn’s got a red, but we  only achieved not getting behind for the first half — baffling. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Don’t blame McGinn one bit tbh. Might be a red, might not be, but it was probably the result of everybody else being f****** s*** and him getting fed up.

He has enough credit in the bank for me not to really care. Great player. Today has just been one great big shit show all round.

Forget about it and move on. 

I do.

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Don’t blame McGinn one bit tbh. Might be a red, might not be, but it was probably the result of everybody else being f****** s*** and him getting fed up.

He has enough credit in the bank for me not to really care. Great player. Today has just been one great big shit show all round.

Well said. If the others had as much fire as John today could have been a different result. Losing hurts but by no means a disaster.

Worst I’ve seen at home all season, passing has been abysmal, wish we would stop pissing about in defence passing it out all the time, 2nd goal was down to that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would be fantastic if he wasn’t banned for 3 games. He’s captain - he should know better. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

anyone arguing that's not a red is biased. that's a clear red -- no attempt for the ball and endangered player safety 

Well people are usually biased towards their own team! 

Just now, Rodders said:

He now misses 3 games.

One thing to go **** this for today's game. He now is out of 3 big games. Which costs us big time. Tim I ain't ready by any means

He’s not the first player to get a straight red. It’s annoying. May cost us more points but like I say, I love him and I can overlook this mistake. 

Two crucial runs from Tielemans were both ignored first half. At least one of those would have resulted in a goal.

Awful decision making costs us too often.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

He now misses 3 games.

One thing to go **** this for today's game. He now is out of 3 big games. Which costs us big time. Tim I ain't ready by any means

I was continually told we didn’t need another defensive midfielder as we had Tim 

Just now, Tom13 said:

Two crucial runs from Tielemans were both ignored first half. At least one of those would have resulted in a goal.

Awful decision making costs us too often.

The one from Bailey was just infuriating. He just had to turn slightly and play him in. A half decent ball and Tielemans is one on one with the keeper. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It’s a nailed on red. I have no idea why people would argue otherwise. 

It's a conspiracy bro don't you know. Gary Lineker and Dave Jones gave the red card over whatsapp.

It's literally the most obvious red card you will ever see. It's actually brightened my day seeing people argue otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Jogging tackles only lads 

At least go for the ball...... McGinn had no intent of playing the ball. Just took the player out, right in front of the dugout. 

• Like 2