Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Can’t be too disappointed with the first half. We’ve seriously limited their chances and created a few moments of panic for their defence. We’ve got more gears to move into and as we know, we’re dangerous in transition and could easily create a goal from nowhere. 

I think we’ll win this

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Ollie lack of confidence to shoot is very odd. Maybe still in pain from early challenge?

Either way  cagey stuff. We seem to be Happy to contain  and feels  like Unai is happy with a draw. Dangerous game though

Can only assume the angle was blocked when he didn't shoot on his left

2 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

They look the better team for me. Our passing has been poor and without Kamara we are hitting it long which is noticeably different to our usual set up. Bailey and Youri pretty poor. Very cagey game. Subs will be key you feel. 

Werner isn't fit according to the comms so really Spurs can only change midfielders and defenders today.

We have four attackers on the bench but Duran hasn't played for over a month and whether Rogers or Zaniolo can do anything in this type of match remains to be seen.

Very cagey so far, we're clearly happy with a 0-0 and conserving energy. Just wonder if we'll do one big push or wait for Spurs to really gamble on a win.

6 minutes ago, allani said:

Decent half.  Think we've had the better of the chances.  Some of Konsa's passing has been "interesting" but I think both defences are slightly struggling that the midfield is pretty packed and so there are fewer easy out balls.  Hopefully we can nick this 1-0.

To be fair some of the passes to Konsa have been interesting, putting him right in the shit mostly.

We had the better chances and we're not playing our usual way either. I'd poss get Zaniolo or Diaby on for Tielemans if it's still 0-0 after 10 mins second half. 

We've got what it takes to win this but a draw is also great for us really.

Concerned we might not see Watkins come out for the second half, seemed to be struggling after the first knock. Bailey off the pace disappointingly in a big game, if he’d just looked up Tielemans was in on goal 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Can only assume the angle was blocked when he didn't shoot on his left

As he went to shoot Romero stuck his leg out so Ollie cut onto his other foot but Romero again got the block in.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Can anyone enlighten me to who the dour commentator is on my stream? Never a good thing to say.

Why isn't Hendrie commentating?

Don Goodman the doghead on Sky, I assume it's the same for you.  It's criminal I pay for Sky and have to watch it in silence.

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I’d take Van De Van. Him and Pau would be a dangerous duo.

Yeah worth every penny of the £40m - and yes ideal pairing for someone like Pau. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Can anyone enlighten me to who the dour commentator is on my stream? Never a good thing to say.

Why isn't Hendrie commentating?

If your watching the Optus stream, I think its Efan Ekoku. He's always dour when I've heard him.

• Thanks 1