ender4

Have to say I am a little worried/nervous for this one. Could be defining and shape our run in.

Hoping to see a similar Newcastle at home last season performance, rather than the Newcastle at home this season. Spurs will try and bully us early to get a foothold, so we need to stand up to them.

Konsa, Lenglet and Pau all start for me, alongside Digne.  That’s probably our strongest back four right now. Would also love Ramsey to start to keep Porro occupied but not sure he will. 

Get McGinn into Maddison early and try and control the midfield. Watkins and Bailey masterclass fingers crossed. 

Would love a Villa win but would happily take a point. 

34 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'm too anxious. I hate football.

I hear you. I'm a bit nervous, but not anxious because my hard-bitten instinct is that Villa down the years have often choked when the games are genuinely big, as this one is. Obviously, that is more true pre-Emery and genuinely a lot less so these days, but the hope only contributes to the anxiety! 

We have very decent recent form, but only beaten or drawn against teams we "should" be getting those results against and we've not hit the heights of our pre-Xmas imperiousness since. There are good reasons for that obviously and it is testament to Emery and the lads that he has kept us going, but this is a match of a different order.

We absolutely can win, score first and we have a very good chance, but if they do, well a draw could be a good result. No meltdown from me if we lose because I am half expecting it.

C'mon lads, prove me wrong!   

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I disagree with this. Surely it’s a bigger game for them than us? Lose, and there is a sizeable gap between us and them and they’ll be looking over their shoulders at Utd. Win, and they’re back in the race for 4th with us. 

It’s a bigger game for them, hence why I’d take a draw. 

Absolutely this.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I disagree with this. Surely it’s a bigger game for them than us? Lose, and there is a sizeable gap between us and them and they’ll be looking over their shoulders at Utd. Win, and they’re back in the race for 4th with us. 

It’s a bigger game for them, hence why I’d take a draw. 

Just the pressure of us being in 4th and having a genuine chance for the first time. Potentially anxious home support. Every chance we manage it though and put in a great performance!

• Like 1

Christian Romero?

What a prick.

Should have been named Caeser Romero he’s such a **** joker.

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

If Kamara was playing I would be a lot more confident. 

I genuinely think our full strength versus their full strength would be a cracking game. Two very evenly matched sides. Not a lot to choose between the two.

If I had to pick a ‘best XI’, it would likely look a bit like this.

——————Watkins——————
Son———Maddison———Bailey
————Luiz———Kamara————
Udogie—Torres—Konsa—Porro
——————Martinez———————

But you ask a Spurs fan and they’ll call you an idiot for leaving out VDV, Romero, Bissouma and Bentancur.

We’ve done so well to catch up with them over the past couple of years, now we just need to finish the job off and finish above them.

Nervous. 

Must admit I'm very nervous about this one. 

That said I'd play Cash and they'll have 2 players sent off trying to tackle him to appease the baying crowd.