ender4

4 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Unai has got this team motivated for all of the critical games we've had in his tenure and I expect no different from a UCL decider like this one.

Additionally - his rotation for a very important away game gave away his hand. That he wouldn't willingly start Bailey and McGinn and only allow Pau 45 minutes is a key insight of how seriously he takes this Spurs match no matter his rhetoric. And while I think Unai is an honest and upstanding gentleman, he is not above saying that each match is important while knowing that they're not.

In almost every critical match, he has gone for the knockout blow early. Newcastle, Spurs, and Brighton last year. Brighton, City, and Arsenal this year. Even United at home should have gone our way had our finishing boots been on.

With almost a fully healthy complement (CB fitness aside), I think we will go for it but will need VP roaring for the full 90 as I suspect this will not be a blowout.

Love this post!

• Like 1

From a spurs site..clicky

Just had a cheeky little look on Villa Talk....

**** me they are cocky, 4 nils and all sorts of nonsense being predicted on there.

Think they are in for a very rude awakening Sunday.

I think they would be lucky to get away with just a 4-nil tbh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Haven't been through the thread but who the feck has been predicting us to be beating spurs 4-0? The same people stirring the shit as always or the ones saying Luton was a 5-0 minimum? 

• Like 2

Pedro Porro back in which is a shame for us. He is massive for their forward play but also a liability in defence. We really need Ramsey fit to play against him. 

• Like 2

Our last three victories against these, we constantly caught them offside, Son especially. 
I know it’s heart in mouth stuff but it works. At Spurs this season I counted four times where they were offside in the build up but linesman never flagged allowing them to build up pressure. This is the problem away from home as the crowd get behind them thinking they’re breaking through easily. It should be pulled back by VAR if they score but allow’s teams to win corners and free kicks unfairly as happened at Spurs. 
Hopefully Ramsey is fit for Sunday as Porto and Udogie leave acres of space in behind.

4 hours ago, Nigel said:

What a horrible bunch of halfwits, starting to dislike these lot as much as Man U. It won't be 4-0 but we'll beat them (I hope)

• Like 1

Lots of talk in the media of this being a high scoring game between two sides that employ a high line but I'm wondering if we won't see a more cautious approach from Unai. 

On Thursday we probably witnessed us play more long balls in 90mins than in all the time since Emery arrived. Was this a blueprint for tomorrow?

I think it could be a 1-0 Villa with a return to a miserly defence just when we least expect it, just as was the case against City and Arsenal.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2024 at 19:08, Talldarkandransome said:

What a horrible bunch of halfwits, starting to dislike these lot as much as Man U. It won't be 4-0 but we'll beat them (I hope)

What a pathetic and embarrassing clan, Every other post is about Cash 

I hope we dismantle these scummy pricks and Cashy scores and assists 4 :crylaugh:

Edited by Kingman

Posted (edited)

We could be in for a difficult game if pau and mcginn don't make it, good to see jj is 50/50, so it's not too bad an injury. 

4-0 villa

Edit...looks like mcginn is OK

4-0

Edited by Nigel

We’re in good league form as per usual with 4 wins in the last 5. Im half expecting us to fly out the traps, I just hope its a day we take our chances. No reason for us to doubt Ollie and Leon right now; Some of the hottest property in Europe right now. I fancy them to create goals whenever they take the field together.

We’re in a good place. Its good for the club to be back involved in big games again

2-1 Villa

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We’re in a good place. Its good for the club to be back involved in big games again

2-1 Villa

I think you need to check your '4' and '0' keys as they seem to be playing up.

Edited by Nigel
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Biggest game of the season so far?

Statement wise City and Arse were bigger, but season wise, this is by far the biggest game since play off final IMO. The atmosphere should be good and if Cash plays I really really hope he scores at their end and celebrates like a demented penguin on acid.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Haven't been through the thread but who the feck has been predicting us to be beating spurs 4-0? The same people stirring the shit as always or the ones saying Luton was a 5-0 minimum? 

Wasn't me, I said we'd win 6-0.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2