ender4

I normally go a check out the match threads of the teams we play on their forums.

Just checked the Spurs forum and their match thread is 18 pages long, they are completely unhinged 🤣

• Haha 1

We've not won 4 league games in a row yet this season...

We've won 3 in a row 3 times. We're currently on 3 in a row.

• Like 2

Could go either way this one, we narrowly beat them away, but they were missing their two centre-backs, as well as Maddison, Bissouma and Richarlison.

Seeing our performance drop in the 2nd halfs v Luton and Forest, if we do that versus this lot they will run riot.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Could go either way this one, we narrowly beat them away, but they were missing their two centre-backs, as well as Maddison, Bissouma and Richarlison.

Seeing our performance drop in the 2nd halfs v Luton and Forest, if we do that versus this lot they will run riot.

Our one saving grace is we are less likely to drop off at home as we are away. Fingers crossed.

43 minutes ago, BOF said:

Our one saving grace is we are less likely to drop off at home as we are away. Fingers crossed.

The plus side is that they have only won once away from home since October.

They will be well up for this one. If we are on our game I fancy us irrespective of how they play. 

Emi

Konsa Lenglet Pau Digne 

Diaby McGinn Luiz Tielemans 

Bailey Watkins 

Think I’d go the above assuming Ramsey is out. Rogers to make an impact of the bench. Wouldn’t surprise me if Tim started in the middle with McGinn on the right to have Diaby and Rogers to have an impact from the bench. 

In an amazing season, the last remaining question is; can we handle pressure? So far, we haven't really. Spurs is a pressure game between two evenly matched teams.

We have beaten some amazing teams as the underdogs, we have bullied some midtable teams and we have held on against some pluckier relegation candidates.

But the bigger games we've gone in to as 'equals', we've generally struggled in or, frankly, blown it. Man Utd home and away. Newcastle home and away. Chelsea and Everton in the cups. Even just the opportunities to go briefly top of the table. Or the pressure of the first European game proper.

We've lost these games but then, crucially, bounced back and our rivals haven't taken advantage or closed the gap.

I am yet to see us win a pressure game this season and suspect we may be in for some more disappointment Sunday and, again, it will be how we react in the following games and if Spurs/Utd push on.

Edited by jackbauer24
  • Like 4

In recent games we've started well, dominated the first half but then let our opponents back into the game. Whereas, Spurs have often been been slow to get going but finished strongly. This may be a tactical plan by The Ange Man to keep the ball and tire their opponent out, or they may be finding it hard to play well for 90 mins. They've conceded first in 5 of their last 6 games so more the latter I think.

It will be a battle of two high lines so we have to keep Maddison quiet and hope Tielemans can thread some balls through for Watkins, Bailey etc. Romero has a pretty good range of passing so it could be Pau vs Cristian spraying the big diagonals, also. I'm going for an entertaining 2-2.
Also hoping to see Romero's confusion and anger when Konsa starts instead of Cash at right back!

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

Assuming Ramsey still out, I’d go:

……………….…….Martinez……………………..

Konsa…Carlos/Lenglet…Pau…Digne

………….……Luiz…….McGinn………………..

Diaby………....Tielemans…….……Bailey

………………………Watkins………………………

Bench should be looking slightly better with Duran, Moreno, Zaniolo, Cash, Rogers all available should we need them.

For me it is a must not lose at the very minimum, we have had disappointing results against top half teams recently after doing very well against them in the first half of the season so it’s about time we got a result against one. A win here would really give us a fantastic chance to finish 4th and if Pau, Digne and Diaby plays I am confident of a good result.

Draw would be a good result for us, not so much for them. Glad Pau and Konsa likely back in the team as the high line was crucial last time out with Son’s hat trick of disallowed goals. I think we will need to score a few to get something from this game. Get an early goal and go from there.

• Like 1

On Fighting Cock there are a number of things I take exception to that I would love to discuss with a spurs fan:

1. Cash’s tackle on Bentancur was reckless, not malevolent, he is not that type of person and wishing harm on him is not only pathetic but totally wrong. Bentancur was back within a month of that tackle and is now back in their squad, they have no reason to act so aggressively about it. We have far more right to wish harm on Ben Mee for ending Wesley’s career, and although we give Mee stick our comments are not as extreme as theirs. They need to calm down and stop being so silly.

2. They have had bad injuries for a portion of the season (1-2months) but can’t use that as an excuse every time for dropping off. We have had three season ending injuries, they have had none. Brentford are another example of a team with awful luck with injuries. They need to show more self awareness outside of their own team.

3. No you do not have much better players than us in every position, we might not have the revenue you have or the Big 6 status but we have built a very strong team and are above you in the table for a reason. We do also have a world class manager who coaches them brilliantly, which is erm how you build a great team, but I’m sure you’d say Ange is an elite coach too seeing as the majority seem to idolise him. Martinez, Konsa, Pau Torres, Luiz, McGinn, Bailey, Watkins have all been amongst the best players in the league this season. The fact is you were top after 10 games but always over performing, Liverpool, City and Arsenal all have better squads. Our first teams are probably on a par but you probably have a stronger squad which comes from having years and years of competing near the top.

4. Yes you outplayed us in the first 30 minutes of the game earlier in the season but a match is 90 minutes long and in the 2nd half we were the much better side. The XG was pretty even in the game so a draw was about fair and we sneaked it. You did not deserve to batter us but did play very well considering you had a number of key players missing. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Leeroy said:

3. No you do not have much better players than us in every position, we might not have the revenue you have or the Big 6 status but we have built a very strong team and are above you in the table for a reason. We do also have a world class manager who coaches them brilliantly, which is erm how you build a great team, but I’m sure you’d say Ange is an elite coach too seeing as the majority seem to idolise him. Martinez, Konsa, Pau Torres, Luiz, McGinn, Bailey, Watkins have all been amongst the best players in the league this season. The fact is you were top after 10 games but always over performing, Liverpool, City and Arsenal all have better squads. Our first teams are probably on a par but you probably have a stronger squad which comes from having years and years of competing near the top.

You've tempted me to do a best Villa / Spurs XI (this season form), probably done before (by me 🙄);

Martinez

Konsa         Van De Ven            Torres            Udogie

Bentancur            Luiz        

Bailey            Maddison            Son

Watkins

Subs: Vicario, Romero, Lenglet, Digne, McGinn, Tielemans, Kulusevski, Johnson, Richarlison.

Note this would look quite differently but for injuries, with the likes of Mings, Kamara and Buendia all featuring somewhere above!

Anyway, the match itself - Toss of a coin, but I think we will edge it.. 4-1 😛 

• Like 1

So after tonight, I'd go;

Emi

Cash.       Konsa.       Torres.    Moreno.

Bailey.      McGinn.    Luiz.     Ramsey.

Tielemans 

Watkins. 

I'd be happy enough though with Konsa RB and Lenglet CB and also Digne/Moreno is 50/50. 

I think the midfield/forward (if all fit) is a cert. Youri needs a performance! 

• Like 1