ender4

I think Emery shared the workload really well tonight which means we can start all of Torres, Cash, Moreno, McGinn and Bailey, who played 45 mins or less tonight, and have plenty of fresh legs. Hopefully Ramsey is fit and can also start.

• Like 2

Would be happy with a draw from this.

Shame if Ramsey doesn't make it as him and Moreno more up to speed could really hurt Spurs down their right.

Feels like we'll be cautious in this one and wait for Spurs to come at us and then exploit the gaps they leave behind. Make no mistake this will be very tough given they've had a week off and all of Maddison, Bissouma, Romero and Van De Ven didn't play in the previous league game which could've gone either way.

2-2.

• Like 2

Our defence is going to have to be right on their game for this one, especially the offside trap with Son, Richarlison, Werner and Johnson all pacy customers. Be interesting to see whether its Cash or Konsa at RB because we could do with Konsa in both places.

On 07/03/2024 at 07:20, jackbauer24 said:

In an amazing season, the last remaining question is; can we handle pressure? So far, we haven't really. Spurs is a pressure game between two evenly matched teams.

We have beaten some amazing teams as the underdogs, we have bullied some midtable teams and we have held on against some pluckier relegation candidates.

But the bigger games we've gone in to as 'equals', we've generally struggled in or, frankly, blown it. Man Utd home and away. Newcastle home and away. Chelsea and Everton in the cups. Even just the opportunities to go briefly top of the table. Or the pressure of the first European game proper.

We've lost these games but then, crucially, bounced back and our rivals haven't taken advantage or closed the gap.

I am yet to see us win a pressure game this season and suspect we may be in for some more disappointment Sunday and, again, it will be how we react in the following games and if Spurs/Utd push on.

We have also beaten Arsenal, beaten Spurs, beaten City!!

City was a great display from us.

However nervy and however many chances that 'could' have been for our opponents during the North London fixtures, we came out on top.

We have shown nerve and come out on the winning side when it mattered so much so that we are still in the title race. We won't win it. Fourth would be unreal. That we are even discussing a few results as reason we wont win the whole league shows that we have gone above and beyond expectations. Totally defied the odds. 

Im not confident in this game. However i am struggling to find the words for how we've done this season. Its been great. We've been great. And thanks among the likes of some very strong teams, historically.

Don't lose sight of that because we may not be able to hold on to what, up to this point, we have every bloody right to hope we will bring home come seasons end.

Edited by A'Villan

Really tough game. Hope we are right on it unlike yesterday. Think I’d go:

Emi

Cash Konsa Pau Digne

Bailey Luiz McGinn Tielemans

Diaby Watkins

Thisnisnt the game for Rogers or Tim. If Ramsey is fit he starts instead of Diaby.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

We'll have to play a lot better than we have in our last two games if we want to get anything out of this one - but we've shown that we're capable of that in big games at home and it should be a really good game. I think we go as strong as possible and the first eleven pretty much picks itself with only the Lenglet/Konsa/Cash into two question to be answered,

Without Richarlison I'd guess Spurs will go Son, Johnson, Kulusevski and Maddison which is going to be very dangerous - two with pace and two with the smarts to play balls into them - they're going to be difficult to defend, so keeping the ball away from them and dominating possession and territory will be key - we have to play the game in their half, threaten and score goals.

It's going to be tough, but isn't anything worth doing?

Yeah, as opposed to last night the way to crack this particular non two legged nut is to absolutely go at them, press high, loads of pressure on the ball, get at them and get them rattled. Need a big game from Pau and Konsa, Emi too. Is Ramsey going to be fit? Going forward we'll need more than just Bailey. If we can rattle them and score early it could be a cracker.

We need to find the intensity we showed against City and Arsenal....and only then, will we have a chance of winning.

We are capable of winning and losing against teams like Spurs.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I think (if fit) we will start with Konsa and Moreno at full back with Pau and Lenglet at centre back. I think UE likes the three centre backs when we are in possession. Also I think the three centre back give us a bit more height to deal with set pieces (although none are especially dominant in the air). 

I can’t see JJ being ready to start so the rest of the team is a little more straightforward. 

Emi

Konsa Lenglet Pau Moreno

Luiz McGinn Tielemans

Bailey Watkins Rodgers

I don’t see UE playing both Bailey and Diaby so for me it’s either Rodgers or Zaniolo to replace JJ. 

We have a pretty solid bench with Cash, Digne, Carlos, Tim, Diaby, Zaniolo to come on. 

38 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I think (if fit) we will start with Konsa and Moreno at full back with Pau and Lenglet at centre back. I think UE likes the three centre backs when we are in possession. Also I think the three centre back give us a bit more height to deal with set pieces (although none are especially dominant in the air). 

I can’t see JJ being ready to start so the rest of the team is a little more straightforward. 

Emi

Konsa Lenglet Pau Moreno

Luiz McGinn Tielemans

Bailey Watkins Rodgers

I don’t see UE playing both Bailey and Diaby so for me it’s either Rodgers or Zaniolo to replace JJ. 

We have a pretty solid bench with Cash, Digne, Carlos, Tim, Diaby, Zaniolo to come on. 

He should start Diaby over Rogers for me. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

He should start Diaby over Rogers for me. 

If it was the Diaby from the start of the seaon I would agree, but let's be honest, he's been pretty woeful for a long time now (assist v Luton aside).

I think there's definitely more of an argument for not starting him and Rogers would give us a more 'solid' look.

Having said that, I hope that they are both (good) options off the bench and Ramsey is 100% raring to go.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We need to find the intensity we showed against City and Arsenal....and only then, will we have a chance of winning.

We are capable of winning and losing against teams like Spurs.

Tbh I don't think we showed that much intensity against Arsenal that day, we played well for 5 mins got the goal and basically hung on.

Naturally tired though from the City game so understandable, and the determination not to concede was great to see.

Can see this being very open, a great game for the neutral and I expect to see plenty of chances / goals, hopefully we come up on top.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

If it was the Diaby from the start of the seaon I would agree, but let's be honest, he's been pretty woeful for a long time now (assist v Luton aside).

I think there's definitely more of an argument for not starting him and Rogers would give us a more 'solid' look.

Having said that, I hope that they are both (good) options off the bench and Ramsey is 100% raring to go.

I agree. He has looked poor, but I’m really not sure Rogers is ready to start this one. 

• Like 2