ender4

Getting the ball to Bailey and into the feet of Ollie is crucial. Expect a more compact formation, we can play more expansive with subs. Can't afford to start to slow, but there's enough on the pitch to win this.

Can't we just put McGinn on the left?

Tielemans and Cash as wide players for this does feel weak for the magnitude of the fixture unless we just play it like a Euro game and we sit very deep.

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Bailey's pace and Moussa's off the bench will be crucial today

Hope he keeps Bailey on this time if it's 1-1 with 20 minutes left and we're in the ascendency. 

Taking Bailey off v Man. United was Unai's worst tactical call of the season.

14 minutes ago, striker said:

All about temperament today. Spurs are a very good side but Villa need to believe they can beat them. Villa never seem to do well in 6 pointer games due to pressure but sooner or later that has got to change. However, I don’t think that will be today with Spurs comfortable winners.

We did OK against Arsenal and Man City.

10 minutes ago, neilski said:

Im just worried that this going against the consistency that unai always talks about.. to me that also means not changing the team too much. I hope it works as its probably the most radical formation and player position changes since we went out the league cup to everton and in such a big game too😱

Not sure that it is much of a formation change - more just a shuffling of players.

I’m happy to see Pau back in. But I’m not a fan of 3 centre backs or Cash at right mid. 

Anyway complete faith in Unai!

I think that’s the strongest team Spurs have so it’s going to be tight. We need to get the first goal and keep things tight!! 

• Like 1

Shocking mate...had to mute it🤬 ...im wondering when theyre gonna talk about villa or spurs!? 5 mins before kick off?  You would think it was liv v city game on first!? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I’m happy to see Pau back in. But I’m not a fan of 3 centre backs or Cash at right mid. 

Anyway complete faith in Unai!

I think that’s the strongest team Spurs have so it’s going to be tight. We need to get the first goal and keep things tight!! 

Spurs have dropped the most points having taken the lead of any team in the top half.  So conceding first isn't necessarily game over - but it would be really important to get the second.  I'm not sure what to feel about this game - it could be 0-0, 3-0, 0-3, 3-3 or pretty much anything.  Having beaten them at their place it's a bit of a free hit - important not to over-react if we lose.  But a win would be huge.  I'll be happy with a 1-1 I think.