Season tickets 2024/25

OutByEaster?

On 11/03/2024 at 13:21, delboy54 said:

When push comes to shove I would be interested in how many of the 30 000 would actually stump up for a ST that was affordable when they joined the waiting list, but now the price is going to approach £1000

This would be really interesting to me to.

I think a lot of people will put themselves on a waiting list just to be on the list.

You could say I've done that to be honest. I put myself and my lad on the list. I want to get a Season Ticket with him when he's old enough, but at the moment he's only 2 so it wouldn't work. But I put myself on the list assuming it would be a few years until I get to the top of it and can actually get one.

If they turned around to me tomorrow and said I could get one for next season I'd probably have to decline

I wonder how many people would be in similar situations

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think a lot of people will put themselves on a waiting list just to be on the list.

You could say I've done that to be honest. I put myself and my lad on the list. I want to get a Season Ticket with him when he's old enough, but at the moment he's only 2 so it wouldn't work. But I put myself on the list assuming it would be a few years until I get to the top of it and can actually get one.

If they turned around to me tomorrow and said I could get one for next season I'd probably have to decline

That’s exactly my stance too, my and my son are on there, but he’s 6 so I wouldn’t be buying him an ST for a few years at the very least. My guess is as the price goes up less and less people will be able/willing to buy one. I bet at least a 3rd of those on the list if offered one today would decline. You can decline it once is that right?

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

That’s exactly my stance too, my and my son are on there, but he’s 6 so I wouldn’t be buying him an ST for a few years at the very least. My guess is as the price goes up less and less people will be able/willing to buy one. I bet at least a 3rd of those on the list if offered one today would decline. You can decline it once is that right?

I'm not sure to be fair, that might cover me if it is :D 

21 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Here's the rules: https://www.avfc.co.uk/club/legal/season-ticket-waiting-list-terms/

The email inviting you to purchase a Season Ticket will indicate the deadline for purchasing a Season Ticket, which is at the Club’s sole discretion. If you do not purchase or are unable to purchase a Season Ticket before the deadline, your offer to purchase will lapse for that Season. You will be entitled to remain on the Waiting List for any opportunities that may arise to purchase Season Tickets in the following Season. If you do not purchase a Season Ticket after being invited to do so on three separate occasions, you will be automatically removed from the Waiting List and will need to reapply to the Club to go back on the Waiting List. In these circumstances you will join the end of the Waiting List.

• Thanks 1

If they go much higher I'd probably knock it on the head to be honest. I can't justify spending a grand on a season ticket. The home games are already a bit of a chore at times with the amount of traffic, crap start times and the amount of inpatient/entitled bellends we have supporting our club. I'd rather go away from home with the die hards and at least those games are capped at £30.

I don't understand why away games are capped but the home games aren't. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

There will be a huge amount like that. I'm near the top and turned down the opportunity twice. This season I don't believe anyone had the opportunity in part using vacant seats in Holte for Terrace View as well as the original plan to demolish the North Stand would have meant a lot of relocations come next season.

So I'm on my last chance before losing my place in the queue. If I was asked tomorrow I think I would decline. Its not a 100% no but life just wouldn't allow it with ease currently. I now take my daughter more than I go with mates. So realistically more likely to go to the back of the queue and register her but then a couple of years down the line she might not even be interested.

The easiest way to know how serious people are is to charge £10 as a one-off fee to join the waiting list. The £10 would be deducted from your first season ticket when you take up the offer (once offered).  Then people wouldn't just join for the sake of joining. 

Edited by ender4

5 hours ago, andycv said:

And one more question, if that's ok?  Is season ticket/ticket pricing the only item on the agenda for the meeting - or is it a wider FAB that will cover other issues (ie stadium plans, recent financial results, etc)?

This meeting is an extra one that the club agreed at the last formal FAB meeting - there was a lot to talk about and the club felt it would be better to have a separate meeting just on the ticketing to give us all the space and time to go over things.

The meeting has been delayed unfortunately and we're awaiting a new date.

• Thanks 1

Can’t help but think they are waiting to see where we finish to decide what to charge us next season, esp with the meeting cancelled in regards to pricing 

Edited by rbcuk

On 25/03/2024 at 14:00, villarule123 said:

If they go much higher I'd probably knock it on the head to be honest. I can't justify spending a grand on a season ticket. The home games are already a bit of a chore at times with the amount of traffic, crap start times and the amount of inpatient/entitled bellends we have supporting our club. I'd rather go away from home with the die hards and at least those games are capped at £30.

I don't understand why away games are capped but the home games aren't. 

Cos away games is at most 3,000 seats and home games on average in the prem is probably around 35 to 40,000 seats to sell.

17 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Can’t help but think they are waiting to see where we finish to decide what to charge us next season, esp with the meeting cancelled in regards to pricing 

They could do a early bird before C/L qualification, and a price increase if we get 4th. However, that would involve being pro-active which Heck hasn't appeared to be doing.

6 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

They could do an early bird before C/L qualification, and a price increase if we get 4th. However, that would involve being pro-active which Heck hasn't appeared to be doing.

Being in Champuons League would mean the club are making more money, they should lower the price. They’ll make plenty by selling CL match day tickets (not that they will lower prices at all.)

• Like 1

On 27/03/2024 at 20:55, mikeyp102 said:

Being in Champuons League would mean the club are making more money, they should lower the price. They’ll make plenty by selling CL match day tickets (not that they will lower prices at all.)

Well yeah they could charge nothing for tickets as the PL went a year with no crowds without much problems but that ain't gonna happen.

I think rumours will start being spread by Heck  himself, that prices for ST's will rise upwards of 20% for next season....

Then the ST prices will be officially announced at only a 15% increase and Heck will take the credit for the "smaller" increase than was rumoured...

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly, I've just read that Liverpool fans are protesting at a 2% increase in ST prices for next season. Spurs are increasing theirs by 6% with people vocally complaining.

I get that the pound cost might be different here, but it seems odd that all of us are exoecting much bigger increases and there is little, to no, real protest about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Interestingly, I've just read that Liverpool fans are protesting at a 2% increase in ST prices for next season. Spurs are increasing theirs by 6% with people vocally complaining.

I get that the pound cost might be different here, but it seems odd that all of us are exoecting much bigger increases and there is little, to no, real protest about it.

Also I read somewhere today that the Liverpool supporters trust had not be consulted by the club regarding the season ticket price increases. Sounds similar to the disconnect with Heck and our supporters.

On 25/03/2024 at 13:27, alreadyexists said:

On 25/03/2024 at 13:54, alreadyexists said:

Ah right, three separate occasions then… thanks 

@alreadyexists  As it may directly affect you, I feel it's right to point out that, with the way you worded 'you can decline once, is that right?' followed by 'ah right, three separate occasions', - it is actually twice you can decline because the third time would see you removed from the waiting list.

I wouldn't want you and your son missing out in the future, based on a vague memory of being able to decline three times.

I note you said you're waiting for the right age. My son went to an occasional game aged 5 & 6 and was ready and fully focused on games for a season ticket when he was 7 (a seat he's still got now aged 26), although I do appreciate there can be differences in circumstances and children.

• Thanks 1

Â