Season tickets 2024/25

OutByEaster?

No news on this or a rescheduled meeting. I'm not sure if the club are waiting to see where this season is likely to take to us or are positioning to announce when the general noise in football is a little quieter following the protests by fans of Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Fulham and Burnley. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brommy said:

@alreadyexists  As it may directly affect you, I feel it's right to point out that, with the way you worded 'you can decline once, is that right?' followed by 'ah right, three separate occasions', - it is actually twice you can decline because the third time would see you removed from the waiting list.

I wouldn't want you and your son missing out in the future, based on a vague memory of being able to decline three times.

I note you said you're waiting for the right age. My son went to an occasional game aged 5 & 6 and was ready and fully focused on games for a season ticket when he was 7 (a seat he's still got now aged 26), although I do appreciate there can be differences in circumstances and children.

Thanks Brommy! That’s perfect. Yeah, he’s 6 now and he’s been to a game. He loved it, but it was hard to keep his focus and attention, obviously. I think I’ll try and take him one or twice more this year (including next season) and see how it goes. It’s looking quite good timing wise though, I think he’ll be 7/8 when I get the chance to buy so that’ll work out well.

thanks again bud.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Thanks Brommy! That’s perfect. Yeah, he’s 6 now and he’s been to a game. He loved it, but it was hard to keep his focus and attention, obviously. I think I’ll try and take him one or twice more this year (including next season) and see how it goes. It’s looking quite good timing wise though, I think he’ll be 7/8 when I get the chance to buy so that’ll work out well.

thanks again bud.

You're welcome. As the next stage in his Villa life, we bought my son a half-season ticket for Christmas. He'd have been 7 years and 4 months. It was fortunate that a seat next to my wife and my forever seats in the Holte became available (otherwise he'd be sat next to strangers😆), although that situation was bought about by the sad death of another season ticket holder. My son passed his half season 'test' so we were happy to get him his first full season ticket, beginning a couple of weeks before his 8th August birthday.

I was hoping an expanded Villa Park would lead to the relocation (through choice) of a few Holtenders to a new North Stand, which would enable my still too young grandchildren to sit with or very near us. No such luck yet!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brommy said:

You're welcome. As the next stage in his Villa life, we bought my son a half-season ticket for Christmas. He'd have been 7 years and 4 months. It was fortunate that a seat next to my wife and my forever seats in the Holte became available (otherwise he'd be sat next to strangers😆), although that situation was bought about by the sad death of another season ticket holder. My son passed his half season 'test' so we were happy to get him his first full season ticket, beginning a couple of weeks before his 8th August birthday.

I was hoping an expanded Villa Park would lead to the relocation (through choice) of a few Holtenders to a new North Stand, which would enable my still too young grandchildren to sit with or very near us. No such luck yet!

Wait til we move to the 75000 seater claret and blue Super stadium! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyway of checking where someone is in the list ?

They send you an update email at the end of each summer, so you should have been told around August 2023.  Your position won't have changed since then, only after this summer when people don't renew and new people get offered it. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyway of checking where someone is in the list ?

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

They send you an update email at the end of each summer, so you should have been told around August 2023.  Your position won't have changed since then, only after this summer when people don't renew and new people get offered it. 

I had an update in Sept 2022, then I got a random update in April 2023, but not had one since.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I had an update in Sept 2022, then I got a random update in April 2023, but not had one since.

You are correct, for some reason they only updated us before renewals opened but not after renewals closed. 🙃

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

You are correct, for some reason they only updated us before renewals opened but not after renewals closed. 🙃

Unsurprisingly there wasn't much movement between the two updates given the fact it covered a time period when sales weren't even open 🫠.

26 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Excuse my ignorance, but how would that work?

I assume you would apply (and pay yearly) to be a member and then that would give you a chance to apply for tickets for each game. How and why people are picked for tickets would be at the club's discretion or via lottery. Typically it would help the club get more tourist fans in the door who spend more than the regular local current season ticket holder. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There is a very long Daily Mail article published at the end of last month called "why Premier League Clubs want to kill off season tickets". 

It says how the clubs want to get rid of season tickets and sell tickets at full-price every week.

Villa get quite a few mentions for how they are pricing fans out.

I can copy and paste the article if someone can tell me this is allowed?

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella

1 hour ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

There is a very long Daily Mail article published at the end of last month called "why Premier League Clubs want to kill off season tickets". 

It says how the clubs want to get rid of season tickets and sell tickets at full-price every week.

Villa get quite a few mentions for how they are pricing fans out.

And yet almost everyone renewed. Sounds like a typical piss poor piece of journalism from that rag.

The posting guidelines are linked at the top of every page.

https://archive.is/829Fa#selection-1393.0-3452.0

There is a vast disparity between the world outside Villa Park and the microcosm within it 

Lenihan discusses how Aston Villa changed their number of price brackets from six to four, losing the cheapest two. She impresses an ‘annoyance’ at how Holte Enders are being ‘forced out of their seats’ for hospitality. ‘My mum and dad sit behind the dugouts and are fully expecting to be moved along for premium seats,’ she adds. ‘My dad’s said he just won’t go if that happens and he’s been going down for 50 years. It’s forcing people out to chase the money. I’ve got a few friends who just can’t afford it now.’

Khan adds: ‘Utilities have gone up but why pass it onto the average supporter? A couple of quid a game makes a difference for an ordinary fan. What about adding another £50 onto a £5,000 hospitality seat? Given the increased commercial and TV revenue, should we actually be campaigning for a decrease? I’ve asked our members for a yes or a no.’

Profit and Sustainability rules have dominated this season and matchday revenue is somewhere executives can make gains in order to stay within the spending limits. Supplemented by a booming ‘tourist’ market, which in the cases of Tottenham’s South Korean groups – the club sell an estimated 2,000 Son Heung-min shirts a game – should be celebrated. Brighton can’t print enough Kaoru Mitoma kits. ‘We love the overseas fans,’ Buhagiar says. ‘But when Son goes, they’re going to go too. The club takes advantage of those supporters without a strategy. What happens when that player leaves?’...

Full article on link or Daily Mail interweb

• Thanks 1

On 17/04/2024 at 17:17, OutByEaster? said:

Nothing on a meeting.

I suspect we'll see prices announced soon.

At least if they don't set the meeting up they can't claim you've been consulted this time. Or can they...

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

At least if they don't set the meeting up they can't claim you've been consulted this time. Or can they...

Of course they will say they consulted.   The same way Heck apparently told the FA they did consult on his abomination of the new new badge. 

You would think today is a good day to announce price increases. If not today, perhaps they are waiting to see if/when we qualify for champions league.

Maybe I’m a sceptic but I think they might try spin the price increase on a day alongside good news.

Â