Season tickets 2024/25

OutByEaster?

8 hours ago, Hev said:

Hmm i have had a Season Ticket for many years now and this coming season is the first time i will qualify for OAP discount. The discount isn't that much and, having spent so much on STs over many years during dark times too, i am looking forward to the concession. Oh and don't generalise that all OAPs are well off. 👵😡👵 

I bet you’ve seen some things over the years eh Hev, a couple of world wars and aeroplanes eh,  bet you never thought they’d get off the ground, the Villa winning the double

• Haha 4

On 08/03/2024 at 01:14, OutByEaster? said:

One thing we don't have yet, which Spurs are working particularly hard on with their season ticket holders is dormancy: people who know they can't go to more than about a half dozen game but don't want to give up their season ticket, people who take kids who have gone to Uni and will keep those seats for three years, even if the seats are empty so that they  can come back to the same seat, that sort of thing - people paying for a seat they don't intend to fully use, but don't want to give up.

They have a much better exchange system than we do - it can be done online, you can do it for your named friends list and I don't think Spurs take a fee on it - but they're very keen to watch out for how often a season you don't attend.

Is that something anyone has seen or heard much of at Villa Park?

A better exchange system would be good but I wouldn't want to see people penalised for not attending as long as they put the ticket up for resale.

People can have very good reasons for missing games like serious illness.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I bet you’ve seen some things over the years eh Hev, a couple of world wars and aeroplanes eh,  bet you never thought they’d get off the ground, the Villa winning the double

Cheeky. I said i JUST qualify for the discount now😀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hev said:

Cheeky. I said i JUST qualify for the discount now😀

No offence intended I’m quite close myself

20 hours ago, villa89 said:

For me it should be a loyalty discount. Have your season five years you get five percent off and that increases by one percent for every year you keep renewing. Promotes loyalty and rewards long term ticket buyers. Have a season ticket for 40 years, 40 percent off for you. 

Of course that system would require some kind of picture authentication. Otherwise it would be a resellers dream. 

I don't think that they want to promote loyalty. They want the churn so that new seats become available.

I'm not saying that I agree with them. but their strategy appears to need available seats for GA+.

On 04/03/2024 at 17:41, OutByEaster? said:

The club has a meeting with the FAB on 27th March to talk through next season's Season Ticket pricing and structure - so with that in mind, It'd be interesting to know peoples thoughts.

Will you be renewing?

Not sure, although I turn 66 in June and I am about to retire, I am fairly sure I don't have enough years as a ST holder to qualify for the concession discount. The 2hr Drive to VP from where I live in West Cambridgeshire seems to be getting longer. Not sure If I can justify the probable price increase...

What are you expecting in terms of pricing?

10% at least

What would make the season ticket more attractive to you and what would force you to give it up?

Discounts in club shop for example - see above the factors that I may be forced to give up my ST. The "regime" seem to want to "corporatise" the Holte End - commercially it makes sort of sense but rips the heart out of the Holte and the more noisy vocal fans that add to the atmosphere

What do you think the club could do differently with season ticketing or season ticket holders?

12 month interest free option - remove the guidance for qualification for concessions for the old grey haired supporters (like me!) that have been following Villa since 1968 (but not as a continuous ST holder). Maybe offer half season tickets or alternate game season tickets. Perhaps a chance to watch a training session.

What are your feelings on the waiting list and the chances of people on the list getting tickets next year?

When push comes to shove I would be interested in how many of the 30 000 would actually stump up for a ST that was affordable when they joined the waiting list, but now the price is going to approach £1000

How much is yours and how much has it gone up over the last couple of seasons?

I sit in Holte Upper K5 its gone up about 25% in 2 years

Where do you feel we sit in relation to other clubs and their offer?

Not done any research to be fair, but facilities at VP for a ST holder is not great. I suppose if we finish in the top 7 then we will have to get used to be paying ST prices comparable to other clubs around us

All of that sort of stuff (and more) please.

Most ST holders are concerned (quite rightly) that giving up their ST may result in them not ever going to be able to see a game at VP. I think that Villa are playing this game by increasing the ST price to find the "pinch point" - what that eventually is I have no idea.

While Villa are doing well then prices will become more expensive and general admission seats rarer to obtain. 

Maybe re-define the membership scheme to different categories Gold, Silver and Bronze - I think Arsenal do this

Aston Villa is not in London or trendy Manchester etc and consequently in a "poorer" city, this needs to be factored in

Replica shirts available without horrible gambling logos on them and with the option to have the Acorns logo instead (more £ to Acorns)

Probably think of something else as soon as I press "Submit Reply!"

Anyone know roughly when renewals likely to be asked for? Need to plan finances and not really had to in recent past. Don't want to give up ticket, but expecting hike and now need to plan for this. 

Wow. Its £63 for an adult match ticket for Wolves in the upper trinity wings. 

This had Just completely passed me by.

It's not really worth giving up a season ticket if you plan to go to half as individual games through a membership. 

16 minutes ago, turvontour said:

It's not really worth giving up a season ticket if you plan to go to half as individual games through a membership. 

I think the rough calculation is that 12 individual tickets equals the price of a season ticket. So you basically get 7 tickets a season free by being a season ticket holder. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Mad isn't it, I've spent a fortune this season for me and the lad. Every league, FA and euro home game for me and all but one for him, he only missed the Ajax game cos of school trip.

The CAT A games are bonkers money

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Will probably be hitting 70-80 quid for that part of the ground in two years time. And 50 quid in the Holte.

On 08/03/2024 at 12:21, omariqy said:

Where do you draw the line? Should people in the military get one etc. 

They used to get one. 

• Like 1

On 15/03/2024 at 11:06, tommytenjobs said:

Anyone know roughly when renewals likely to be asked for? Need to plan finances and not really had to in recent past. Don't want to give up ticket, but expecting hike and now need to plan for this. 

Looks like you’ll be tommyelevenjobs soon 😉

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ender4 said:

I think the rough calculation is that 12 individual tickets equals the price of a season ticket. So you basically get 7 tickets a season free by being a season ticket holder. 

That’s only if every game was a cat A game though right ? I’m sure if you work out the average price of a ticket and x by 19 games it works out more or less the same as a season ticket. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

On 04/03/2024 at 17:41, OutByEaster? said:

The club has a meeting with the FAB on 27th March to talk through next season's Season Ticket pricing and structure - so with that in mind, It'd be interesting to know peoples thoughts.

Will you be renewing?

What are you expecting in terms of pricing?

What would make the season ticket more attractive to you and what would force you to give it up?

What do you think the club could do differently with season ticketing or season ticket holders?

What are your feelings on the waiting list and the chances of people on the list getting tickets next year?

How much is yours and how much has it gone up over the last couple of seasons?

Where do you feel we sit in relation to other clubs and their offer?

All of that sort of stuff (and more) please.

I am a long way down the waiting list - and I would be really interested to hear what the club's view is the point of being on the list if stadium expansion isn't on the cards?

In terms of pricing - I think an inflation level rise is fair this year, given the significant increases previously - and the vast increase that we're expecting on sponsorship next season.

And one more question, if that's ok?  Is season ticket/ticket pricing the only item on the agenda for the meeting - or is it a wider FAB that will cover other issues (ie stadium plans, recent financial results, etc)?

• Thanks 1

On the pensioner debate i actually think this is something that should be kept if not for now in your mind but for the future, gone are the days of rich pensioners in my opinion as time moves on with pensions decreasing at both government & workplace level and even inheritance being hit by increasing care bills for many for parents etc.

I really think in 20 years time you will see a completely different demographic in that area and for what its worth BTW I think we should continue to discount and support at the younger ages too

• Like 2

Â