Season tickets 2024/25

OutByEaster?

I want a discount on the new Adidas attire please if they are putting up my season ticket.

They need to think of ways to encourage us to spend more money rather than just putting prices up.  Take some but give some back but you are still spending it on the club.  Be that in the shop or on food/drinks.

Members should get this too not just Season Ticket holders.

I will be renewing but my season tickets have gone up around 80% since promotion.  

Make the women's football free to season ticket holders when games are at Villa Park. Also make the womens season ticket a payable add on to the men's save on admin.

I don't care what other clubs charge we should set the standard for fairness.  Ticket prices for all not just those that can afford it.

As mentioned elsewhere easy access online to change the person using the ticket.

They are saving money on staff pass that back to the fans if there is no ticket office. If there is then it needs to vastly improve no shutting down for lunch.  Trying to speak to someone is a waste of time.

There is room round the back of the concourse in The North Stand Upper use it if it's not being knocked down. Can't keep putting the prices up for shit facilities.

I expect price rises and significant areas of the stadium re-designated as hospitality or as higher premium tickets. How they manage this consultation and give impacted season ticket holders first option to move to other parts of the stadium will be key to avoid a huge PR issue. Obviously one would hope that they get all this information out early and not repeat the debacle of the lower grounds.

8 hours ago, limpid said:

Or don't want to deal with the hoops you have to jump through for a chance of a few hours of your ticket being on sale if Mercury is retrograde.

I would like to use my phone for entry and to reassign my seat to someone on my friends list even on the day of the match.

This part you can do now with season tickets. Agree about the rest. 

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m expecting a 7% increase in price

Friend of mine is a spurs ST holder, he’s missed loads of games this yr and can easily sell his ticket every game. He gets 1/19th of the ST price back every game missed. We should do the same, we have the demand if it was easy to do. 

Just as an FYI, you can get transferred to friends by emailing the club a few days in advance, they normally reply quickly. But yes it would be so much easier if I could click a button on the website (which we all know is and has been rubbish for yrs). 

You can get 8 month interest free which is pretty good. 

Yes I know you can get 8 months.

But if they put on another whopping increase that monthly payment is going up a lot. 

Put it over 10 months instead and that monthly payment is likely going down or level. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, blunther said:

Put it over 12 months and it just becomes a consistent monthly bill, making it far easier to budget.

Yeah, that's my point. 

Whenever my Season Ticket DDM comes to an end it's always a bit of a surprise and a nice bonus but ultimately it's budgeted and I'm just used to that amount leaving my account each month. 

Spreading it out over a few more months lessens the shock. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blunther said:

Put it over 12 months and it just becomes a consistent monthly bill, making it far easier to budget.

I'm pretty certain some other clubs do this. It starts well in advance of the new season (i think the Newcastle one starts in May) so you've always prepaid in advance of where we are in the season.

• Like 1

1 - I will renew. 2 - Inflation rate would be nice, but I anticipate around double that. 3 - I've had one for 40 odd years, so only being too ill/old to go/travel (VTID!;) would stop me). 4 - Nothing really. 5. I feel for them, I'm just fortunate demand for them wasn't so high in the past, could we re-visit having standing areas to increase capacity and ticket availability? 6 - It is not too expensive for me to afford and has gone up near to the inflation rate in most seasons. 7 - I think our tickets are among the most reasonable prices in the PL. 8 - I think the club are doing as much as could be expected for the fans by balancing what we are getting, with affordability. 

Will you be renewing? Yes

What are you expecting in terms of pricing? A small increase. i'd be disappointed with >10%

What would make the season ticket more attractive to you and what would force you to give it up? what would force me to give it up? probably relegation as i cannot commit to so many midweek championship games but i expect to keep it as long as we're in PL

What do you think the club could do differently with season ticketing or season ticket holders? bringing back some form of nice bar area pre match (i.e. holte suite or similar). also the shambles of the newcastle home game not having resale seats getting released with their argument being that there were 200 seats left (mostly trinity upper). there needs to be a threshold i.e. <500 seats remaining, release the resales. they're still making money out of it, just let us re sell our seats

What are your feelings on the waiting list and the chances of people on the list getting tickets next year? not really worth being on the waiting list now they're not doing the north stand is it?

How much is yours and how much has it gone up over the last couple of seasons? can't remember

Where do you feel we sit in relation to other clubs and their offer? about the middle, and the way the season has gone i don't think many can say they've not had good value for money

All of that sort of stuff (and more) please.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The club has a meeting with the FAB on 27th March to talk through next season's Season Ticket pricing and structure - so with that in mind, It'd be interesting to know peoples thoughts.

Will you be renewing?

Probably, yeah. Unless they really take the piss.

What are you expecting in terms of pricing?

About 10% increase, which is a lot on top of the previous years

What would make the season ticket more attractive to you and what would force you to give it up?

As others have said, sort resale out. They should be put up for sale immediately - the club still makes a hefty chunk out of it and it gives more choice to those unable to get season tickets.

What do you think the club could do differently with season ticketing or season ticket holders?

Some sort of area which fans can go to before and after the game for a few drinks out of a glass with somewhere to sit would be nice. I'm dreaming now but what about some sort of suite, maybe in the Holte.

What are your feelings on the waiting list and the chances of people on the list getting tickets next year?

I imagine any lapsed season tickets won't go to the waiting list as they don't seem to like ST holders anymore and will think they can get more ancillary spending from people who come less often. 

How much is yours and how much has it gone up over the last couple of seasons?

£800 odd, was £500 odd a few years back. My dad's been rinsed the most since they got rid of concessions in our area and 'simplified' the seating plan. His went up 67% in one year alone (it was capped to 50% for a year, but just got added on the next season on top of the other 15% or whatever it was

Where do you feel we sit in relation to other clubs and their offer?

My baggies mate pays about tuppence ha'penny, but they're shit so I don't know. Tipping point for a lot of people is a grand I expect. I'll certainly think hard once that limit is broken.

Edited by blunther
  • Like 1

Spurs have announced a 6% increase.  Their cheapest season ticket will now be £856.

Also gradual removal of concession pricing for over 65's - they will just eventually just pay normal adult price.

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Spurs have announced a 6% increase.  Their cheapest season ticket will now be £856.

Also gradual removal of concession pricing for over 65's - they will just eventually just pay normal adult price.

image.jpeg.a90be792a28c2f1d6372255ab97c96c2.jpeg

Average Spurs season ticket holder 

• Haha 1

Will you be renewing? Probably not

What are you expecting in terms of pricing? A significant increase, £100-£200

What would make the season ticket more attractive to you and what would force you to give it up? Being able to have a shit, buy a pie , sit in comfort.

What do you think the club could do differently with season ticketing or season ticket holders? Not fleece customers 2 years running and improve absolutely nothing for those in areas such as the Doug Ellis. Not as much as a fixed tap or any kind of improvement even attempted on the service. It's the exact same as it was in the Championship, except busier.

What are your feelings on the waiting list and the chances of people on the list getting tickets next year? There's always tickets for sale.

How much is yours and how much has it gone up over the last couple of seasons? Too much.

Where do you feel we sit in relation to other clubs and their offer? Taking the piss and couldn't care less about other clubs.

• Like 2

I have a feeling the increases will be around the 10% mark all over Villa Park - but it would be nice for the club to show some form of appreciation that there have been increases each season for a few years now and either pause for a season or increase with a small %.

I will be renewing my season ticket regardless of the increase (and I accept I am probably part of the problem for that), but I'm in a fortunate enough position to be able to afford it and wouldn't want to join the back of the waiting list queue when I change my mind. I can imagine for some the price increases each year are making renewal a real difficult decision, especially those with families and childrens requiring multiple season ticket renewals.

As for making the season ticket more attractive, they could pretty much do anything after last season to make improvements after stripping almost all of the benefits we were receiving. For a start just having some basic functions, bars, food and toilets available to use would be an improvement, although not exactly an attraction. The fan zones are great, but small and packed 90% of the time, I would personally move this to the Holte End car park, or have two either end of the ground with bars and food stalls. A discount in the club store used to be offered to ST holders, this would be nice to see back especially with the current costs of shirts and training wear.

I echo everyones thoughts on selling tickets, I can't understand why the ground has to sell out before they can be resold - and 100% of the 1/19 should go back to the ST holder where a profit is being made. The ability to transfer a ticket to a friend or family members fan ID should be available online - with possibly a limit on the amount of times to stop people taking advantage of a reference.

Give us all a free pint as well, because why not...

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

A bit of discussion around this in the Spurs thread. 

In terms of Villa and to start the debate...  why should pensioners get any concession?

Why should a 65 year old get much cheaper tickets than say a 60 year old or a 22 year old? A lot of pensioners are well-off and some are poor, similar to the rest of the adult population. Actually there are probably more pensioners with a higher disposable income than someone in their 20's.   

Isn't charging all adults (excluding students) the same price the fairest way?

One thing we don't have yet, which Spurs are working particularly hard on with their season ticket holders is dormancy: people who know they can't go to more than about a half dozen game but don't want to give up their season ticket, people who take kids who have gone to Uni and will keep those seats for three years, even if the seats are empty so that they  can come back to the same seat, that sort of thing - people paying for a seat they don't intend to fully use, but don't want to give up.

They have a much better exchange system than we do - it can be done online, you can do it for your named friends list and I don't think Spurs take a fee on it - but they're very keen to watch out for how often a season you don't attend.

Is that something anyone has seen or heard much of at Villa Park?

Will renew, I’m expecting another 15% increase and not going to expect much of an improvement in facilities in the north stand upper. At this point it’s just something I pay for using the finance option and am lucky to be able to eat the price increase but I do hope that there is some benevolence/recognition from the club that it’s a difficult time atm and many people will have to pay higher mortgage/rent costs etc….expecting my seat to breach the £700 mark, which seems crazy given that it’s only a few years and doubled in price now 

• Like 1

Â