Hatrick - which ones stand out?

Dodgyknees

Been thinking about hatricks from our players, wondering what Villa player hatrick is the first to pop into your mind?

Put it in a spoiler tag. I want to see which hatricks are most memorable.

for me:

Spoiler

Carbone v Leeds (Jan 2000) is the one that pops into my head first! 

carew vs reading in the cup. we were awful first half, 2 down half time, won 4-2

honourable mention for ollie in the 7-2 too

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Recency bias but Benteke vs Sunderland 

Wasn't often we dominated teams like that back then, he smashed them that night 

Yep this one for me as well. Prime Benteke for us was like Drogba. No idea why he couldn't make it work anywhere else, he was just so good. 

29 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

carew vs reading in the cup. we were awful first half, 2 down half time, won 4-2

honourable mention for ollie in the 7-2 too

Yes was at the Reading match and the second half was something else.

While we’re mentioning Carew another enjoyable one was Newcastle at home where we beat them 4-1 and he scored 3. Was at the match with a Newcastle fan and that made it even sweeter!

Only VP game I've been to. 1-0 down to Owen goal for Newcastle. On big screen at HT said last VP league hattrick was Savo vs Conventry and swear to McGrath joked with my mate bet Carew gets hattrick in 2nd half and he did and got Owens autograph after game on match programme for Villa mate in Dublin who was pissed off I didn't get Villa player autograph

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Luke Moore vs Boro. Thought the kid had arrived

Yeah this one. Dished out a right thumping that day as well, away from home.

Posted (edited)

Sir Brian at Highbury v QPR

Also Dennis Tuarts against us first game of the season for Man City that included an overhead kick 

Also, Andy Grays against the Albion on the last day of the season to win the silver boot along with Malcolm McDonald

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

The Carbone V Leeds hattrick is clearly the standout but there was a Benteke hattrick against QPR in a 3-3 where he just carried us. I'd put that one above his Sunderland one, probably because he made a the goals himself and it earned us a point.

He really was a fantastic player. 

15 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Sir Brian at Highbury v QPR

Also Dennis Tuarts against us first game of the season for Man City that included an overhead kick 

Also, Andy Grays against the Albion on the last day of the season to win the silver boot along with Malcolm McDonald

I couldn't get to the albion game but the Ipswich one earlier in the season was special. However the best hatrick I've ever seen at Villa Park was Trevor Francis one for qpr which was class. 

I was there for Benteke v QPR. Frustrating but entertaining game.

For some reason Collymore v Stromgodset always comes to my mind. Maybe it was another instance of “Ah, now it’s clicked, it will definitely work out from here on…”

Dublin v Southampton. Could this run last? No. No it couldn’t.

Tommy Johnson v Wimbledon (and Deano’s nearly hat trick in the same game…he scored an absolute screamer that day).

10 hours ago, Dale said:

Luke Moore vs Boro. Thought the kid had arrived

I remember they chose this match for game of the day on Sky. Back in the days when they would show the full game of choice at about 8pm. I was going to go out that night but stayed in just to watch it 😃

Â