Hatrick - which ones stand out?

Dodgyknees

Sir Brian's LCSF replay hat-trick at Highbury in 1977. He was walking on water that night (as usual) and we were walking in a Villa wonderland, all the way back to Brum! :hooray:

Great Games: Aston Villa 3 QPR 0: February 22, 1977 - Birmingham Live

• Like 3

Dublins hattrick against Southampton on just his second appearance for us…

Living in the New Forest, the locals weren’t too happy with him at all… but it certainly put a smile on mine and my families faces!

Gabby hatrrick V city on the opening day of the 2008 09 prem season still stands out. When City were a nothing club and Gabby was one of the hottest young prospects in English football. Things then changed somewhat in the following years.

Benteke against QPR in a 3-3 draw.

Highlighted how much he carried us; so much so that his hattrick goal was a freekick for **** sake :D 

12 hours ago, bobzy said:

Benteke against QPR in a 3-3 draw.

Highlighted how much he carried us; so much so that his hattrick goal was a freekick for **** sake :D 

He just scored another one for DC united last month.

Simon Stainrod, four on his debut at Exeter.

Dwight Yorke three at Newcastle and we still lost.

Brian Little at QPR

5 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Dwight Yorke three at Newcastle and we still lost.

Yorke was unplayable that night - if I recall correctly he scored a fourth and it was disallowed (wrongly I think) for offside or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Segundo said:

Yorke was unplayable that night - if I recall correctly he scored a fourth and it was disallowed (wrongly I think) for offside or something.

Yes I believe that’s correct 

On 02/03/2024 at 09:05, bannedfromHandV said:

Gabby’s ‘perfect’ hattrick against City 

What stood out for me was I thought he was having a shocker and had several discussion about subbing him off if it was upto me

On 02/03/2024 at 06:15, May-Z said:

The Carbone V Leeds hattrick is clearly the standout but there was a Benteke hattrick against QPR in a 3-3 where he just carried us. I'd put that one above his Sunderland one, probably because he made a the goals himself and it earned us a point.

He really was a fantastic player. 

He even scored a free kick and we didn't even know he could do that.

14 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Hah I remember that one. I was watching  it on tv and went out for a walk at half time in a huff, only to find out we creamed them in the second half. Second trip to Wembley in two months with the same result sadly. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hah I remember that one. I was watching  it on tv and went out for a walk at half time in a huff, only to find out we creamed them in the second half. Second trip to Wembley in two months with the same result sadly. 

Must have been a nice surprise!

I was in the Reading end with a Reading supporter and we were 2-0 down at half time.

Geting food and drinks was so slow that by the time we got back to our seats it was 2-2. (We just heard the roar from the away fans as the goals were going in)

Edited by Brumstopdogs

On 02/03/2024 at 08:33, Brumstopdogs said:

Yes was at the Reading match and the second half was something else.

Same. That was Carew at his very best. When he was on his game he was like Ibrahimovic.

• Like 1

Â