How Long will Unai Emery stay as manager of Aston Villa?

Follyfoot

How Long will Unai Emery stay as manager of Aston Villa?   

123 members have voted

1. 1. How Long will Unai Emery stay as manager of Aston Villa?

• Another 1-2 years
    • 3-5 years
    • 5 years plus

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/02/24 at 18:42

I would love to be able to say "forever" or even 3-5 years but I think 2 is maybe the most realistic outcome. It's just so uncommon these days for managers to stay a long time. Continued and consistent success seems to be the only criteria that ensures a long spell, and though I think he'll do brilliantly with us (and bring us a trophy), the likelihood of us consistently winning something every year is quite slim, so I think he will eventually hit what he considers to be a ceiling with us and feel he can't better his achievements with us. At which point his stock will only be higher and a Madrid or similar will be his next step.

Of course, the fairytale sounds better. Emi, Unai, Dougie and Ollie all stay, we win the league, and we become the biggest club in Europe again.

😅

• Like 1

He's got what he wants here and we have what we want. I don't think either of us has properly had that for a long time.

I see him here for a long time.

He usually remains the duration of his contract at clubs or near to it that’s what he di at Valencia, Lorca & Almeria, Sevilla he had 6 months left on his deal at Villarreal He wasn’t sacked by PSG before anyone says the only short periods he’s had is Arsenal and Spartak but this is the first time in his career he’s had actual control along with money to build something. The clubs he’s been successful at in the past were under heavy financial constraints and PSG well is PSG they sign whoever they want not the profile of player the coach wants. He has his “guys” here with him in similar to what Guardiola at City our owners have entered a partnership with the club he owns once again similar to Guardiola at City so I expect him to be here for a long time the only people with the power to F it up for him is us the fans and media.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

I'm gonna try live in the moment with this.

100%! We have to.

It's such a unique project that I think he'll want to see it through. He wants to prove himself in the PL, and what better club to do it with who've been starved of silverware and top level European football for so long?

I hope he's here at least another three years.

• Like 1

There's been a fair amount of 'entanglement' already: his preferred choice as Sporting Director, the stake in his club, his son in our U23s, etc. None of that is determinative of course, but this does feel like a deeper commitment from both parties than the average managerial appointment. 

I realise that doesn't answer the question but it's worth noting. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Emery leaving will be Jack X100. 

But we got 100 mill and have become a better TEAM without Jack.. so not sure it's an equal equivalent.

Unless you mean from an emotional perspective?

Â