How Long will Unai Emery stay as manager of Aston Villa?

Follyfoot

How Long will Unai Emery stay as manager of Aston Villa?   

123 members have voted

1. 1. How Long will Unai Emery stay as manager of Aston Villa?

• Another 1-2 years
    • 3-5 years
    • 5 years plus

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/02/24 at 18:42

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But we got 100 mill and have become a better TEAM without Jack.. so not sure it's an equal equivalent.

Unless you mean from an emotional perspective?

Emotional. 

We're never going to get a world class manager that is so suited to being here as we've got with Emery. We've never had the fanbase as united with a manager as we have now, literally everyone worships him and won't have a negative thing to say about him. 

The only way is down when he's gone so I hope he's here for a long, long time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Emotional. 

We're never going to get a world class manager that is so suited to being here as we've got with Emery. We've never had the fanbase as united with a manager as we have now, literally everyone worships him and won't have a negative thing to say about him. 

The only way is down when he's gone so I hope he's here for a long, long time. 

Let's hope Unai is secretly training his clone/understudy for the Villa as we speak.

You could imagine the status he will have if/when he goes he will be wanting to advise us on who he thinks is the best fit 

Hopefully will go better than Fergie/Moyes 😂

At this point, I don't even want to think about him going anyway, the tie up with his Spanish Club suggest it's a long haul relationship.

I've no idea, I guess it depends on who comes calling and when. I'm sure he'd find it hard to turn down the likes of Barcelona or Real Madrid, no matter how entrenched he may be here.

I think he wants to win the Champions League, and I think he'd love to do that here, but if progress slows and that becomes increasingly more unlikely then those offers to leave will become more tempting.

I don't want to think about him leaving, I just want to enjoy it while he's here. But, one day he will leave, that's just life.

Good luck to whoever takes over after him though, not only is it an impossible act to follow on the pitch, but imagine staff upheaval as they all follow him to wherever he goes...

• Like 1

Thread starter is the type of guy on day one of his vacation says "Well it'll be Sunday before you know it and I'll be going to bed early for work in the morning."

I'm too busy being happy to worry about when it might end. Enjoy the ride.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Thread starter is the type of guy on day one of his vacation says "Well it'll be Sunday before you know it and I'll be going to bed early for work in the morning."

I'm too busy being happy to worry about when it might end. Enjoy the ride.

First day on holiday I am organising the coach back to the airport for the return flight 

• Like 1

My understanding is that he has a stake in V Sports, giving him a long term business opportunity that most managers will never be offered. 

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

IMG_2047.jpeg

Its for the best Unai, there will be no running up and down the touchline you dirty bird or driving away in your cockadoodie car

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

I can't vote as I just don't know. A lot of it will  come down to support from the owners and success on the pitch. If he is as successful as I dare not to hope we could see over a decade with multiple titles. 

On the flip side if we fail to get champions league over the next 3 seasons he'll be gone within those 3 years. 

The project he has here is perfect for him, for now and his future ambitions. So I don't really worry about him leaving for a Bayern. Maybe if he gets us into champions league for two or 3 seasons but can't transform us into title challengers and trophy winners he might look at The 'bigger' jobs but for now we are good with him and vice versa.

Hopefully longer than 5 years, I want him to be our longest serving Premier League manager, he deserves to be. O'Neill and Gregory were both 4 years I think.

Going off previous clubs, 3-5 years seems to be his average, although PSG, Arsenal and Villareal were all less than that. 

It will be a big loss when he does go and hopefully it isn't any time soon but as a club if we show great judgement and ambition we will be ok. The owners appointed Emery in the first place, so I'd trust them to get it right again. 

Edited by Leeroy

I can't imagine he's had quite as much control at any job than he has right now with Villa, we've given him the keys to the castle.

Trying to not be delusional here but I don't see him leaving for another club if that moment did come. 

We've given him the keys to the kingdom, the ability to build a club in his own image, to his own liking, in his own way - the Director of Football is his, the medical staff, the coaches, we've bought him his boyhood club, he's supported, he's allowed the freedom to make his own choices and he has everything he wants to do the job. He will never get this sort of control again.

At the moment, I'd say 'for the foreseeable future'.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We've given him the keys to the kingdom, the ability to build a club in his own image, to his own liking, in his own way - the Director of Football is his, the medical staff, the coaches, we've bought him his boyhood club, he's supported, he's allowed the freedom to make his own choices and he has everything he wants to do the job. He will never get this sort of control again.

At the moment, I'd say 'for the foreseeable future'.

It's great that we did and I fully support it.

I just hope it never bites us if a Real Madrid was to take him and half of Villa employees along with him! 

Apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree, I can't claim to have a great knowledge of Spanish regional politics, but don't the basque people hate Real Madrid?

He'd be betraying his roots if he went there wouldn't he?

• Like 2

Â