How Long will Unai Emery stay as manager of Aston Villa?

Follyfoot

How Long will Unai Emery stay as manager of Aston Villa?   

123 members have voted

1. 1. How Long will Unai Emery stay as manager of Aston Villa?

• Another 1-2 years
    • 3-5 years
    • 5 years plus

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/02/24 at 18:42

5 minutes ago, allani said:

I agree with a lot of what you say.  However, I think where I see it slightly different is that I believe Emery would see winning La Liga with Villareal or the PL with us as a much, much bigger deal than winning it with Barcelona or Man City.  I mean "anyone" could win La Liga with Barcelona.  But winning the CL with Villareal would be beyond special.  I just think all the time there's a chance of competing here, there's actually fewer clubs that he'd leave to join than we might think.  And yes maybe I am looking at it through claret and blue tinted glasses - but at the moment I do think there's a chance here to do the things he wants to achieve and (importantly) the time to do it.  But either way I'd be more surprised about him leaving more a massive club like those you mentioned than I would if he left for a club closer to our kind of level.  For example, maybe Atletico (supported by ambitious owners) would be a bigger threat than Real.  Winning titles with Atletico would elevate him to a level of eliteness higher than winning them with Real.  But again the number of clubs in that category is probably pretty small - assuming things continue to go well here.

I agree that he'd take more satisfaction from winning something big without a supposedly big club, but at the end of anyone's career what matters is what you have won, who you've won it with is very much a secondary concern.

I think Emery is an incredibly ambitious individual, but he's also not the type to burn bridges along the way, he's not morally bankrupt like some 'winners', so I don't see him walking away leaving us in a bad way or anything like that.

However, I'm sure he's figured out already how much longer he feels he has left in his career to achieve the goals he wants to achieve, the closer he gets to the end with goals not met the more likely it becomes he looks elsewhere to achieve them.

I love the guy, he's incredible and I hope he can achieve everything he wants here, our owners certainly seem willing to provide him with whatever it takes, fingers crossed we keep progressing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I agree that he'd take more satisfaction from winning something big without a supposedly big club, but at the end of anyone's career what matters is what you have won, who you've won it with is very much a secondary concern.

I think Emery is an incredibly ambitious individual, but he's also not the type to burn bridges along the way, he's not morally bankrupt like some 'winners', so I don't see him walking away leaving us in a bad way or anything like that.

However, I'm sure he's figured out already how much longer he feels he has left in his career to achieve the goals he wants to achieve, the closer he gets to the end with goals not met the more likely it becomes he looks elsewhere to achieve them.

I love the guy, he's incredible and I hope he can achieve everything he wants here, our owners certainly seem willing to provide him with whatever it takes, fingers crossed we keep progressing.

On the flip side (and I'm sure that this isn't the way that Emery thinks) if he went to Barcelona or Real Madrid and failed to win everything (and the expectation would be that he won everything) then that would end up being the way that he was remembered rather than all the trophies he's won along the way.  As he knows from PSG - winning La Liga wouldn't be enough.  He'd have to win domestic and European titles - and probably in the same season.

Â