Midweek Football 19/21 Febuary

andykeenan

Blackpool v Peterboro.....

the trend of drummers at football matches is so annoying if you are not part of the little group around them

somebody really should shove the sticks up is Arsenal...

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is the Man City - Brentford game not televised this evening? 

I know it was rescheduled and now clashes with the Champions league, but it seems odd that it's not on.

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Was a rule before that you couldnt show a top division game if a Champions League game was on but not sure if that was scrapped

The U.K. broadcasting deal gives each TV channel a certain number of fixtures they have bought the rights to televise at the start of each season. 

The Man City Brentford match was not optioned by any of the broadcasters and they don’t get a free hit to one of them just because the kick off time was changed. 

Edited by LondonLax

10 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Luton deserves to stay up, they are fun to watch and give it a real go. It's amazing considering they were the team I thought would be guaranteed to go down. 

They remind me of Stoke under Pulis.

If you have an identity when coming up to the prem and rigorously stick to it then you can defy the odds and stay up. Luton aren't that dissimilar to what Brentford are currently doing really although on a much lower budget.

Liverpool need a few of their big hitters fit as what they put out isn't beating Chelsea in the league cup final imo. Got just kids on the bench to attempt to change it aswell.

3 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Forgot champs league was even on. 

Overshadowed by Liverpool vs Luton. 

Champions league has got a bit stale. 

I flicked between the games last night and both were a bit dull (the bits I saw).

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can't write them off against anyone including us soon

I don't think they do well agaist our style of play. It was a fairly easy day at the office when we played them at home anyway.

Â