Midweek Football 19/21 Febuary

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Everton getting relegated would be fantastic. 

Get ready for Man Utd vs Arsenal for the most played fixture in the top fight, to be repeated again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

For that reason alone, I hope they stay up

• Like 1

A great opportunity at home against another team out of form with a manager who arrived yesterday.

If Everton can't be motivated to win this, they deserve to be relegated.

14 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Everton getting relegated would be fantastic. 

According to Everton fan Jamie Carragher if they go down they are going into adminstration. With a half built stadium.  

Won't surprise me at all if their ten point deduction gets reduced to four or five points. 

Edited by villa89

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Aston Villa legend Jordan Ayew scores the winner (?).

Spoke to soon. Aston Villa legend Sam Johnstone flapping like peak David James. 

Edited by villa89
  • Haha 1

Was Jordan Ayew 2015/16 reloaded watching that. He's always been a scorer of great goals rather than a great goalscorer and that was a lovely hit.

Everton desperately need some points back on appeal, 3 home wins from 13 played is very poor.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Everton desperately need some points back on appeal, 3 home wins from 13 played is very poor.

I think they'll still have more points than Luton over 38 games. Not by much though. Assuming the deduction doesn't get any larger. 

Edited by villa89

Everton are shocking and under Dyche show nothing as an attacking threat. Wouldnt mind but had about 80 million worth of offensive talent on the bench {I include Onana in that as he is one of the rare few players that actually look a threat}

Beto might be a contender for worst signing of the season, he makes Wesley look effective

Edited by Zatman

I look at Everton as a warning for all clubs that flirt with the top 6 and don't build correctly. They had relative success for a good few years signing top 4 and Champions League cast offs and a few gems alongside them. They spent big money with big wages but couldn't generate the on and off pitch success to sustain it.

Looking at them now, they're awful and don't have the means to buy their way out of it because of FFP. 

We're doing so well now, I hope our future doesn't look like their present. They're teetering on the edge right now. A relegation would kill them in my opinion, they don't have a squad good enough to come straight back up, and any decent players will be sold to plug the financial gaps.

Then you see the performance tonight, and the main thing I took away was that they don't look like they have the quality, organisation (offensively), and desire to get out of the bottom 3. They're lucky there's some awful teams in the league this year who are giving them a fighting chance of staying up.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Is the Man City - Brentford game not televised this evening? 

I know it was rescheduled and now clashes with the Champions league, but it seems odd that it's not on.

Was a rule before that you couldnt show a top division game if a Champions League game was on but not sure if that was scrapped

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Was a rule before that you couldnt show a top division game if a Champions League game was on but not sure if that was scrapped

I think this rule is still in place. 

Â