Match Thread: Villa v Man United

limpid

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Did they score from it? Were we offside leading from the freekick leading to a goal?

objectively wrong foul on rashford, objective offside  ‚ref is fine’ 

so desperate to appear neutral, mad honestly 

It’s not neutral. I can see why the free kick was (incorrectly) given and why a very marginal offside wasn’t given.

Unlucky for us, but hardly terrible refereeing. 

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

Man U really are a honking side aren’t they. Feel physically sick looking at their side. Dirtiest team in the league bar none. We deserve 3 points based on that half. 

1 minute ago, Troglodyte said:

In the most calm, rational and objective way, I feel I can take a step back from this game and my partisan allegiance, and nevertheless declare that I really hope that ratty bastard Fernandes suffers a career-ending injury. 

Would’ve seen a blue card if they were implemented.

We are playing well. We’re fighting for it and have been the better team in my opinion. Manure were fortunate to get a free kick that wasn’t a foul that lead to a corner. Since then we’ve been unlucky not to have drawn level. If we keep this up then we’ll get back into it. Manure don’t like it direct so we need to break quickly and put pressure on Onana and the two CBs. 

I’m glad the crowd have stuck with them, sounds like a good atmosphere. 

The referee is a disgrace.  

Not sure how we are losing.  Oh yeah - a **** ref and a linesman making a bad call for the first goal.  The ref's best moment was "playing advantage" as Kamara was fouled three times and then lost the ball so that Utd could launch a dangerous counter-attack.  As for Casemiro appealing like a pantomime clown for 45 seconds and not being booked for dissent or Fernandes doing the same - having dived two footed into a challenge - yet Lenglet then gets a yellow for calling for a yellow card when we're cynically prevented from launching a counter-attack.  Nothing like consistency.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, maltesemike said:

We’ve dominated that half and should have scored. Happy to see a performance today so that’s a real positive so far. I’ll say it again, ref is bent, in many ways.

He has at least booked both their CMs so that will impact them second half if we can keep Ramsey dropping in off their shoulders.

Can't believe when Ramsey picked up the ball and he had Moreno completely unmarked to his left and just refused to pass to him, Kamara has also tried to beat 3-4 of them with a mazy run.

We need to keep passing it quickly and we will open them up.

• Like 1

I said the other day after the Chelsea defeat that we need to learn to react positively to adversity and that is exactly what we did. Aside from some indecision around their box, we have been really good. Hopefully, we can turn it around in the next 45. It's important we come out as focused as we went in.

Nice to see JJ getting back to his best.

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

It’s not neutral. I can see why the free kick was (incorrectly) given and why a very marginal offside wasn’t given.

Unlucky for us, but hardly terrible refereeing. 

The ref giving that foul and the Lino not giving offside is literally the reason it’s 1-0. It’s terrible officiating. 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Cash dives - Casemiro booking.

As usual, ref has been fine. VT blames ref for our inadequacies. 

Edit: also obviously depends what players are actually saying to the ref r.e: Langlet and Fernandes. 

So the Varane push in Ollie's back wasn't a booking either?

This ref is utter dogshit - always is.

• Like 1

We started far too slow and now find ourselves chasing the game. We've been decent but just over playing in the final third and taking too long to get shots off. We really need to be more intensive from the get go instead of giving ourselves  too much work to do. I don't understand why Torres is on the bench if he isn't fit enough to start, you could easily take him off later on if necessary. 

3 minutes ago, jim said:

No we shouldn’t, if we scored we would. We didn’t so we shouldn’t.

You watching the same game!? They've down sod all apart from that goal. We've been by far the better team after their goal and had a shitload of chances.