villa89

Think I’d go:

Emi

Cash Carlos Pau Moreno

Bailey Kamara Luiz Ramsey

McGinn Watkins

With Diaby, Youri and Digne to come on. I agree that pushing McGinn further forward would disrupt their two holding midfielders. We could do with Ramsey’s direct running to pin their wide players back. 

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

Think I’d go:

Emi

Cash Carlos Pau Moreno

Bailey Kamara Luiz Ramsey

McGinn Watkins

With Diaby, Youri and Digne to come on. I agree that pushing McGinn further forward would disrupt their two holding midfielders. We could do with Ramsey’s direct running to pin their wide players back. 

Cash and Bailey doesn't work in tandem 

last year, Ramsey and Moreno worked so effectively together.  What made that work was that Ramsey moved inside, pulling their RB toward the center and creating space down the touchline for Ramsey.  This forced the RB to move back out (late) and then the rest of the defense had to adjust to cover JJ and Ollie.  This forced the oppenents back line to be always shifting and adapting, that creates openings but also anxiety in the opponent.  

But when Bailey and Cash play the seem to neutralize each other and get in each other's way.  I would like to see Bailey (or Diaby) in front of Cash but do the opposite of JJ and Moreno.  Bailey could start central but move toward the wing (he doesn't like that, because he wants to put it onto his right foot and shoot.)  but if he would drag the LB wide, and then Cash could attack more centrally.  Causing more chaos and missed coverages in their back line.  It also forces the opponent midfield to drop deeper to pick up this central run.

Cannot concede early is the key. Emery needs to make a few adjustments last 2 home games the side has been all over the place. We need big games to from our senior players alot went missing against Newcastle and Chelsea.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pinebro said:

If we lose it isn't that much of a big deal as some are suggesting.

From a momentum perspective it would put United 5 points behind us and may well give them the belief to catch us.

If we were to lose our third home match in a row you have to wonder what it would do to our confidence.

It feels a big match not to lose should we want to finish in the top 5.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Pinebro said:

If we lose it isn't that much of a big deal as some are suggesting.

If we lose, we’ll have won 3 games out of our last 9. It’s pretty bad form atm. 

We have to believe we can turn it around, Emery will and I expect the players will but the longer we go without playing well and winning the more it becomes a mental issue. But let’s not forget we smacked Sheff U for 5 in the last league game, we’re not a terrible team all of a sudden. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

We have to believe we can turn it around, Emery will and I expect the players will but the longer we go without playing well and winning the more it becomes a mental issue. But let’s not forget we smacked Sheff U for 5 in the last league game, we’re not a terrible team all of a sudden. 

3 wins in the last 8 games also says we’re in poor form at the moment. Not sure if a resurgent Man Utd team is the game we can turn it around in.

• Like 1