villa89

52 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

This is the biggest game of our season.
Win and we might just get over the line
Lose and I think we bottle it.

MUST WIN.

Draw still keeps us 8 points clear of them. Not certain at all that Spurs will beat Brighton either.

Losing and it feels like even 5th is going to start to become a massive struggle.

Ideally we need Pau out there to organise the backline as no one was doing it tonight and you certainly need it against a Man. United team but how fit is he really going to be considering he's been out for pretty much two months?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Absolutely zero chance we win this. Putting my mortgage on a united win

Was looking at the bookies and they've priced us at just over evens and Man. United are 21/10 so that feels another game where they're pricing on what both teams were doing six weeks ago rather than now.

Man. United odds will probably come in but certainly worth an insurance fiver I'd say (and a further tenner lumped on with the inevitable 2-0 lead...)

Definite loss if the midfield is going to spend all game passing directly to the opposition.

Caused our own downfall tonight by doing that and springing Chelsea on the transition, and as seen at Old Trafford taking advantage of turnovers is Man U's only real strength.

• Like 1

Id like to see us set up to stop them from playing. The reverse fixture was awful. People were saying Man Utd came out a different side 2nd half but they were constantly getting in and dominated from about 25 mins in. We had warning after warning and somehow got in at the break 2-0 up. Yet we did nothing to counter their dominance, came out 2nd half, played exactly the same way and inevitably lost, deservedly so I might add.

Its a worry because Unai played Newcastle pre-season, saw how easily they beat our high line and offside trap, then it happened again in the 5-1. Then we still didnt learn for the game last week. United know how to beat our system too- we’ve had enough examples. Will we change in anticipation of more of the same? Doubt it.

I worry about this game big time. We really need to change something. United will copy exactly what Newcastle and Chelsea have done against us and I just don't see Unai changing the system at all. 

• Like 1

Kamara  Carlos. Lenglet Moreno

Bailey Luiz McGinn Ramsey

Tielemans
                Watkins

(assuming Pau not fit to start)

Edited by eholm

If we allow man u to do to us what Newcastle and Chelsea did then I fear for the rest of the season. This is now a pivotal game and Kamara and Luiz in particular hsve to be right at it. 

• Like 1