Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

If we can qualify for the Champions League I think we can get Nico Williams. He'd be a huge asset for us and I think Emery wants us to be less predictable and more flexible in terms of which side is the attacking FB and winger combination. So not always going LB and RW we could go RB and LW. Williams is great with both feet but generally considered right footed and we've got just 2 left footed wingers in the squad. 

Summerville would be a good alternative. We need that right footed winger who loves dribbling and has high sucessful take ons

I am not so sure on Nico Williams, Emery doesn't tend to play with 2 fast wingers on either side he prefers a traditional quick skilful winger on the right and then more of a midfielder or playmaker type on the left, like Rogers or Ramsey, so not sure if we drop £50m on a quick wide man just 12 months after we spent £50m on Diaby, and Bailey doesn't need replacing based on how well he's played this season 

Adrien Rabiot available on a free this summer could be an interesting choice. 

Plays CM primarily but can also play DM and left midfield. 

Emery would know him from his time at PSG n'all. 

I'd look at Zaha at Galatasary too, if he's not on mental money there.   Always produced good numbers in the top flight, even if he is a bit of a mouthy so and so. 

Part of the attraction would be because  he is a mouthy so and so.  Emi and McGinn apart, we're a bit too nice as a team. It's great to be liked. But better if you're hated. 

https://www.teamtalk.com/aston-villa/unai-emery-rocked-ac-milan-prepare-brutal-signing-star-pocketed-arsenal

Not sure if already posted but there are a few rumours AC Milan want to sign Diego Carlos, Teamtalk (who I wouldn't regard as reliable) are claiming two independent links regarding Carlos to AC. 

If we could break even on FFP terms (€15m I think) would probably make sense to sell, arguably too expensive on amortisation and presumably wages for a back up centre half with fitness issues

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rabiot (or at least his mom) is an absolute weapon and they will be looking for Digne x 10 level salaries. Disruptive family I 'd rather stay clear off even thou he is a talented player. Maybe he's changed, I wouldn't bank on it thou.

Zaha has flopped in Turkey and turns 32 later this year. 

Aye, good luck to DC if there is any truth to those rumours at all. 

Overall, for the £25 million fee and £90k+ wages, you can make a strong argument we haven't got what we expected from that deal. Lack of game time being the main issue and then being ropey in the majority of the games he did play. 

But then he played a key part in wins against Citeh and Arsenal twice - and may yet have a decisive role for us between now and the end of the season in securing CL qualification and possible success in Europe. 

He might be viewed as a Trez-like cult hero in years to come. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

No right back? I know we have the Serbian kid, but I was thinking more of an immediate starter. Maybe with Cash moving on to bring in some revenue. 

a RB if we sold Cash. The players I was listing were in addition to the key players from this season. Exception would be Digne he'd leave.

5 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Adrien Rabiot available on a free this summer could be an interesting choice. 

Plays CM primarily but can also play DM and left midfield. 

Emery would know him from his time at PSG n'all. 

I'd look at Zaha at Galatasary too, if he's not on mental money there.   Always produced good numbers in the top flight, even if he is a bit of a mouthy so and so. 

Part of the attraction would be because  he is a mouthy so and so.  Emi and McGinn apart, we're a bit too nice as a team. It's great to be liked. But better if you're hated. 

Zaha moving to Galatasary I still don't understand, based on ability he could have moved to pretty much any team in the league especially on a free transfer, there must be something else to it for all the PL clubs to have avoided him, from the reports he isn't even on a crazy salary (in PL terms) at Galatasary. 

12 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/aston-villa/unai-emery-rocked-ac-milan-prepare-brutal-signing-star-pocketed-arsenal

Not sure if already posted but there are a few rumours AC Milan want to sign Diego Carlos, Teamtalk (who I wouldn't regard as reliable) are claiming two independent links regarding Carlos to AC. 

If we could break even on FFP terms (€15m I think) would probably make sense to sell, arguably too expensive on amortisation and presumably wages for a back up centre half with fitness issues

We'd have to sign a replacement if we let Carlos go. We'd only have one right footed CB in Konsa left. He also plays RB often

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We'd have to sign a replacement if we let Carlos go. We'd only have one right footed CB in Konsa left. He also plays RB often

We could always look at bringing in Tosin Adarabioyo (Right footed) on a free if we let Carlos go? Few clubs interested in this guy but if we get Champions League, I’m sure we’d be in with a shout.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Rabiot (or at least his mom) is an absolute weapon and they will be looking for Digne x 10 level salaries. Disruptive family I 'd rather stay clear off even thou he is a talented player. Maybe he's changed, I wouldn't bank on it thou.

Zaha has flopped in Turkey and turns 32 later this year. 

Aye, I've heard the rumours about his family and their arsey behaviour. 

It would be a risk, but on a free over a shortish contract length it might be worth looking at. Partic if we make CL qualification etc. 

11 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

Summerville's price would be interesting particularly as Villa were watching him aged 16. At the same time as Ryan Gravenberch* and Amadou Onana. 3 good pick ups they would have been but times were a bit different then.

Strange how he hasn’t kicked on since leaving Ajax. Not suggesting we go after him but wouldn’t mind it if we did as always thought he’s a fantastic player. With Slot coming in he may finally fulfill his obvious potential. 

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Strange how he hasn’t kicked on since leaving Ajax. Not suggesting we go after him but wouldn’t mind it if we did as always thought he’s a fantastic player. With Slot coming in he may finally fulfill his obvious potential. 

Its what happens. Superkids can become average football players as well as superstars.  They just plateau . They have the same ceiling as others that develop later. And it must be frustrating for them to find this, having been better than others when they were younger. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Obviously

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What is the need :lol:

To quote Mourinho, "I prefer not to speak, if i speak i am in big trouble with the mods" Or something like that 😂

For next season, I'd like Villa to bring in at the very least one defender, possibly two. That, coupled with Ming's return, would go a long way.

11 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Quick, aggressive midfielder with pace. Caceido completely dominated our midfield tonight

There's a reason he cost 100mn+, you can't find all these qualities easily 

Â