Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

Just read UTD are interested in Nice’s LB Melvin Bard - weren’t they interested in Digne previously - attack minded left back so maybe we could negotiate a Digne or Moreno plus £££ deal for him. 

United will be careful in their dealings with nice because of ownership

On 03/04/2024 at 16:55, sharkyvilla said:

Just keep Moreno and Digne for another year.  We know their qualities and character, we can rotate without dipping in quality, assuming Moreno gets back into his rhythm.  If we qualify for the Champions League I don't think I'd sell any of our regular players, as a reward for their efforts as much as anything.  I'd put my money towards one of the best defensive midfield prospects as back up for Kamara and probably a quality right back/wing back option.

We don't have a choice, need to raise a significant sum by the end of the financial year. 

22 hours ago, thabucks said:

Just read UTD are interested in Nice’s LB Melvin Bard - weren’t they interested in Digne previously - attack minded left back so maybe we could negotiate a Digne or Moreno plus £££ deal for him. 

Teams like United and City wont be allowing clubs in the system to be selling players to us

Looking at our squad for next season

GK - Emi, Gauci, Youth Keeper

RB - Cash, Kosta, (Konsa) 

CB - Konsa, Carlos, Torres, Mings

LB - Digne, Moreno

CDM - Kamara*, Iroegbunam, (Luiz) 

CM - Luiz, (McGinn, Tielemans, Ramsey)

CAM - Tielemans, Diaby, Buendia, (Rogers), (Mcginn) 

RM - Bailey, Mcginn, (Diaby) 

LM - Ramsey, Rogers, (McGinn), (Diaby) 

ST - Watkins, Duran

We are also probably bringing back Archer and Aaron Ramsey due to obligations and hopefully philogene as well. 

Looking at the team we need a cdm/cm hybrid as Kamara is going to miss half the season and we need someone to play cdm in the league and CM in cup games next to Tim.

Wr also need to upgrade at RB to replace cash as the attacking option and replace digne at LB for financial reasons. We could also do with upgrading moreno as well. We could also do with a 5th CB if only to provide depth given mings is coming back from a serious injury and Carlos' recent string of injuries. We've been linked with hermoso on a free for a while now and he'd solve the need for a digne replacement and 5th CB. 

Attacking wise we are doing great. 7 options for the 3 behind Watkins at least plus Duran is good depth for ollie. Maybe we bring in archer or philogene/Ramsey into the first team. 

Hopefully we can sell chambers, Dendoncker, Moreno, cash and digne for circa 60 mil. 25 for cash, 10 for moreno, 15 for digne and whatever we can get for Dendoncker and chambers. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

LB - Digne, Moreno

ST - Watkins, Duran

We are also probably bringing back Archer and Aaron Ramsey due to obligations and hopefully philogene as well. 

Looking at the team we need a cdm/cm hybrid as Kamara is going to miss half the season and we need someone to play cdm in the league and CM in cup games next to Tim.

Wr also need to upgrade at RB to replace cash as the attacking option and replace digne at LB for financial reasons. We could also do with upgrading moreno as well. We could also do with a 5th CB if only to provide depth given mings is coming back from a serious injury and Carlos' recent string of injuries. We've been linked with hermoso on a free for a while now and he'd solve the need for a digne replacement and 5th CB. 

Attacking wise we are doing great. 7 options for the 3 behind Watkins at least plus Duran is good depth for ollie. Maybe we bring in archer or philogene/Ramsey into the first team. 

Hopefully we can sell chambers, Dendoncker, Moreno, cash and digne for circa 60 mil. 25 for cash, 10 for moreno, 15 for digne and whatever we can get for Dendoncker and chambers. 

Not sure who will be paying 25 for cash

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Not sure who will be paying 25 for cash

Gots to hope. Definitely could be 20-25 region. He's just a mid table RB, not a top 4 one. 

55 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

LB - Digne, Moreno

ST - Watkins, Duran

On the face of it - it's a longer shopping list than we would like.

Another RB surely.

I'm not sure we can move the CB's, but I'd be looking for another right footed CB.

Another LB is not out of the question.

A CDM/CM is a must for me.

And one attacker position that could play across the front - think we targeted it several times in the summer between Asensio and Goncalves.

So 5 in? A number of lesser value players out but can't stop thinking that we might have to make a decent sized sale.

Edited by DJBOB

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I expect us to sell just about anyone in the summer. Probably two or three great players.

As long as Unai stays though, I’m fine. By far the most important person at the club.

We won’t be selling 2/3 great players. One at most id suspect. Depends how brave they want to be.

The key players not to sell are

Martinez
Watkins
McGinn
Konsa
Torres

The reason being, I think we’d struggle to replace them with the money we have. Oddly enough, I feel as though it will a lot easier to replace the likes of Luiz, Bailey and Ramsey than it would those due to the individual traits that make them very, very good players. Position and cost of players in that position also need to be factored in. 

Why do people keep repeating that we need to sell players in the summer? We don't - it is clickbait bollox. 

Yes we may get rid of some to make space for better players, but we aren't going to sell any of our best players unless they force a move.

Just now, TheStagMan said:

Why do people keep repeating that we need to sell players in the summer? We don't - it is clickbait bollox. 

Yes we may get rid of some to make space for better players, but we aren't going to sell any of our best players unless they force a move.

Odd post. You’re arguing something you have no knowledge of without having any proof otherwise.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I expect us to sell just about anyone in the summer. Probably two or three great players.

As long as Unai stays though, I’m fine. By far the most important person at the club.

Why do you think three great players? I can us being open to selling Kessler-Hayden and Tim, plus maybe Mings to Ipswich. Duran for a huge fee. I think we can intelligently player trade without overly harming our core team.

Edited by Villa_Vids

24 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Gots to hope. Definitely could be 20-25 region. He's just a mid table RB, not a top 4 one. 

Yep. We havent a great history of selling players for big fees, minus rat face to city of course

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Odd post. You’re arguing something you have no knowledge of without having any proof otherwise.

as opposed to all those claiming we have to sell, show me the proof of that please? 

Nothing odd about my post at all. 

Â