• Ramsey (Luiz 45)
    • Cash (Konsa 59)
    • Diaby (Bailey 69)
    • Iroegbunam (McGinn 71)
    • Rogers (Tielemans 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/02/24 at 23:59

Just finished watching, I’m so glad I avoided the score and recorded it. That was the performance I was hoping for, top class from the Villa boys away from home. Watkins was superb, a real threat all night. Tielemans makes a huge difference to the team when he’s fit and in form, he never stopped running and his passing is quality. Talking of quality, Dougie’s outside of the boot pass for Watkins’ goal was sublime! 

So many good performances and it was good to rest some and bring Tim and Morgan on for some experience. That will have done them some good. It could have been much more than five but we didn’t kill ourselves to keep attacking, I guess that’s natural really. 

Back in 4th with a spring in our step and a very healthy 10pt gap and +16 GD, over West Ham in 6th.

UTV!

• Like 2

Guess Sheff U forgot to watch the tape of the game at VP and instead of 11 men behind the ball , they ventured forward and got done at will 

Some slick play and the mojo was well and truly back tonight , let’s hope we keep it up

• Like 1

Great for our goal difference, which might be play a part in this story at the end of the season. Hopefully this scoring explosion jumpstarts our attack. Would love big wins against our next two opponents.

Great result but we won't have an easier game all season.  Unlike recent opponents, especially Newcastle and Man Utd, they didn't seem to have a game plan to stop us,  gave us all the space we needed to allow us to play our game, and they got punished. We were playing through their midfield easily from the start.  We could and probably should have had another 3, but I guess there was one eye on not over-exerting ourselves with a heavy fixture list coming up.  Which is fair enough.  First time I gave a ref very good because I barely noticed him.  Archer looked the biggest threat for them, maybe they need to start him.  Enjoying the thrashing but won't get carried away as they were very poor.

• Like 1

Great result, but they are bottom for a reason.

Saying that, hopefully this can kickstart the rest of the season.

Great win; 5 goals; clean sheet; players rested; youngsters and newbie getting minutes; could not have hoped for better.

14 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

Great result but we won't have an easier game all season.  Unlike recent opponents, especially Newcastle and Man Utd, they didn't seem to have a game plan to stop us,  gave us all the space we needed to allow us to play our game, and they got punished. We were playing through their midfield easily from the start.  We could and probably should have had another 3, but I guess there was one eye on not over-exerting ourselves with a heavy fixture list coming up.  Which is fair enough.  First time I gave a ref very good because I barely noticed him.  Archer looked the biggest threat for them, maybe they need to start him.  Enjoying the thrashing but won't get carried away as they were very poor.

This the team that had a game plan just forty something days ago that enabled them to take a point away from Villa Park

Is it just possible we learnt from that and adjusted personnel, tactics and game plan accordingly?

Nah.

Almost disappointing that we were 2 goals from a Premier League away game record with 40 minutes to play and didn't manage it. Then again better to see it out safely and keep some in the tank for Chelsea and United I suppose.

The players looked thrilled in their celebrations after the first half goals, like genuinely just really happy to be winning comfortably again. Good sign on a number of levels.

that, Sheffield Utd, is what you get for ruining Christmas 😛

Really good to get back to some goalscoring form after a very dry January. Hopefully we can back this performance up against Utd next week

• Like 1

Felt we fell apart after half time.

Change in personnel made it very scrappy although I appreciate why it was done.

Great result, shame diabys effort didn't go in as he may have got confidence from it,  again sadly, he was rather poor bar 1 effort on goal.

Would have taken a 1 nil all day long so 5 is brilliant. 

Too many changes crushed our momentum 

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

Great result, shame diabys effort didn't go in as he may have got confidence from it,  again sadly, he was rather poor bar 1 effort on goal.

Sometimes you get bored pulling the wings off flies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

We hardly fell apart, we just took our foot off the gas because the game was already won.

Â