• Ramsey (Luiz 45)
    • Cash (Konsa 59)
    • Diaby (Bailey 69)
    • Iroegbunam (McGinn 71)
    • Rogers (Tielemans 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/02/24 at 23:59

11 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Some clown just voted average for emery after a 5-0 thrashing 🤣🤣🤣

I assume it's because those fans wanted to see us be ruthless. 

To be honest though that was a very mature performance From Unai. At five nil we got the team to step back. Conserve energy, no risk to injury, be ready to go again. Ollie Watkins at the end had barely broken sweat. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

can’t believe Martinez isn’t MOTM for more people.  He was amazing. Kept us from going down early, and preserved the clean sheet. Leadership, too. 

Can’t give our keeper MOTM when we won 5-0! He was great as always though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

New manager bounce and parked the bus. This time they were way more open.

Exactly.  If they had scored first…bus it’d have been.  

• Like 2

Dougie’s pass to Ollie was enough to make my night, but to walk away with 5-0 away from home is obviously a nice bonus. I guess you call that a response. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Kamara majestic.

Interesting to see you say that - I’m his biggest fan but I thought he was off the pace today (as much as anyone can be in a 5-0 win!).

Overall I’m disappointed not to have scored 5 more to go ahead of Arsenal but let’s hope they get pumped by Liverpool :)

• Like 1

Brilliant performance.

The icing was that it was against that passion merchant Wilder, insufferable and out of his depth.

• Like 1

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Interesting to see you say that - I’m his biggest fan but I thought he was off the pace today (as much as anyone can be in a 5-0 win!).

Overall I’m disappointed not to have scored 5 more to go ahead of Arsenal but let’s hope they get pumped by Liverpool :)

What he does...no one else can for us. He's so so so good. Agree he wasn't at his best tonight. Touch and layoff for the first is the sort of thing he does 5x a match and it makes such a difference to us.

Him, Konsa and Emi are on my absolutely no sell list. Irreplaceable IMO. Everyone else has their price should FFP bite. Sorry for bringing it up in this joyful thread.

• Like 1

A nice comfortable win against a very poor side. Points to savour were the  masterly passing from Luiz coupled with great running from Watkins and a bit of Bailey magic. Plus great finishes from Tielemans and Moreno.

Aside from that though, I'd say we were mostly a bit predictable and untidy going forward, as we have been quite a lot recently. Still plenty of work to do to reach a consistent level of fluency.

Good to see Tim get a good runout, and a few minutes for the new lad, I expect Emery to play him quite regularly for the rest of the season.

Edited by BigJim

Watching the highlights again, the United #5 Auston Trusty just gives up tracking back for the opening goal, likely assuming Ollie had scored. There a million reasons why you should never do that. This allows McGinn to just waltz in and score a tap in.

The manager should absolutely savage him for that.

• Like 1