• Ramsey (Luiz 45)
    • Cash (Konsa 59)
    • Diaby (Bailey 69)
    • Iroegbunam (McGinn 71)
    • Rogers (Tielemans 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/02/24 at 23:59

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

This the team that had a game plan just forty something days ago that enabled them to take a point away from Villa Park

They got the rub of the green in a big way at Villa Park. We should have had a penalty in the first half and were unfortunate to score during VAR’s “let’s be really fussy and disallowed everything” phase which seems to have been quietly dropped by PGMOL when they realised that sucking the joy out of football was probably not a good look for them.  

Today the early goal killed Sheffield United. Once they fell behind they couldn’t park the bus and try to turn it into a 15 minute match at the end of the second half. 

• Like 2

Revenge is sweet. Had a lot of anger issues over that previous Sheff Utd game - the disallowed goal, ruined chance to go top at Xmas, the end of our winning streak at home, the treachery of Cameron Archer (yes he has new employers now but I’m a football fan so I have no logical reasoning 😂) and so THAT FELT AMAZING! 😎

• Like 2

I think Sheffield United change in tactics from low block and try hit us on break to actually trying to take fight to us and score was their undoing. If you give us space to launch direct attacks into with Watkins and Bailey you are asking for it. We were clinical in taking our chances and that was that.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Nice to hear Jamie Redknapp's praise of Luiz for the ball he played for Ollie "if it was de Bruyne they'd be showing it over and over on sky sports news". He was incredible today, such great vision.

Just put another £10m on his price tag :D

11 hours ago, maqroll said:

Great for our goal difference, which might be play a part in this story at the end of the season. Hopefully this scoring explosion jumpstarts our attack. Would love big wins against our next two opponents.

So would I, but I will gladly take any sort of wins. :)

34 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Just put another £10m on his price tag :D

There is no price tag, he's priceless and he's not for sale to anyone.:cheers: 

2 hours ago, Eligius said:

The finishing yesterday was clinical, Dougies passing was on another level yesterday and what an enjoyable watch, Onwards and upwards.

Who said a no sex policy wasn't good for sportsmen?  Emery saying he wasn't well before the game, probably due from having to abstain from Tuesday night. 

Marked the referee as poor, unlike most people voting, because he allowed Sheffield to establish a pattern of petty fouling of Watkins early on with no attempt to control them, issue warnings etc.

On 03/02/2024 at 21:53, briny_ear said:

This the team that had a game plan just forty something days ago that enabled them to take a point away from Villa Park

Is it just possible we learnt from that and adjusted personnel, tactics and game plan accordingly?

Nah.

I don't think so.  They neither pressed us nor applied a low block (like they did at VP) which have been our two main vulnerabilities recently. I don't think we changed much, we didn't have to, we were just allowed to play Emery's preferred game. 

My favourite part of the match was Emery’ passion when celebrating the frustration he let out gave me goosebumps,  MOTM either Luiz or Watkins but the majority played well. Lets not stop here and build back that consistency.

Â