Match Thread: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

funny how it all started going downhilll when we had that "chance to go top", then we missed it, had another chance, missed it, then another and missed it, and we have dropped off ever since.

I wonder if part of it is some of the players are putting too much pressure on myself, whenever i see McGinn come out and talk about CL and top 4 and pushing for it, i expect it to go to sh*t, as it seems we panic.

We did similar under Gerrard, McGinn comes out talking about Europe and we go to sh*t.

tbh, i would prefer us to just not talk and do our talking on the pitch.

I would prefer us to have better players who don't shit themselves at the sight of a football, or a league table.

Still.

Can't have it all.

Just now, villa4europe said:

That's the spirit 

On tonight’s showing he’s not far wrong.Jawdees are awful away and are 14 points behind us (or were).

Yet we do the old trick of helping someone out who’s in a shitty run, again (I realise it’s only half time but can you see us coming back?)

Just now, string28 said:

one shot at goal for us at home four for newcastle says it all.

To me that says they have had more shots than us. What does everyone else reckon? 

Diaby has been absolute dross bar a couple of games early on, but why isn’t Unai trying to use his speed on the wing when things clearly isn’t working? He is fast and not a particularly good player in tight areas

also, has anyone seen Watkins since the Brentford game?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We're toast and fill finish 6th or 7th. Can't score, can't defend and losing to these evil rocket polishers is the pits. God I despise every single person associated with Newcastle. Hope all their fans die in agony

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I would prefer us to have better players who don't shit themselves at the sight of a football, or a league table.

Still.

Can't have it all.

yeah, its not good right now, thats for sure.

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I’d be more specific and say Lenglet can’t handle the press. 

It shouldn’t get to that though? Yet again I think Lenglet is having a decent outing.

We’ve played some great stuff this season but there’s times we’ve won where we’ve been very average or poor. I was hoping we’d hold out for top 4, we may well still do but cream always rises to the top and we may just be lacking that class at the business end of the season 

• Like 2

Didn’t think I would say this about Emery but Howe has outthought him. Miley in that little space to the left of the midfield not being picked up by the centre mid or the wide man and he can turn and work with Gordon or Almorin and we are turned and in trouble 

Just now, pregra said:

Diaby has been absolute dross bar a couple of games early on, but why isn’t Unai trying to use his speed on the wing when things clearly isn’t working? He is fast and not a particularly good player in tight areas

also, has anyone seen Watkins since the Brentford game?

He trimmed his locks and has been shite.

Samson Watkins