Match Thread: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Playing first team players is starting to come home to roost. We should have tossed off the fa cup without a first choice starter playing and conference league should have been For back up and kids. We won’t get a chance like this to qualify for the champions league again any time soon and we haven’t got the squad for 60 games 

Teams want us to beat them on the wings instead of the inside, with this box midfield we need to rely on Moreno and Cash. Moreno hasn’t been that great since coming back and Cash is not great at beating his man. Diaby is so low on confidence he can’t get going, Watkins doesn’t have service and Luiz may need to be pulled away from Alisha. We haven’t been good for a few games now.

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

To all those criticising the fans...

... I assume you're not in the stadium.

So wind your neck in.

Villa Park's that quiet I'm in Stockport and I swear I just heard myself on the TV coverage.

• Haha 1

Most likely drop back to where this squad is in terms of quality. I always said top 6 and the Conference league would be very good for us.

But our start has had me dreaming of top 4 but performances like this are not going to help. 

It’s been very flat and very low on quality. 

Dire performance. Dire atmosphere. 

We’ve been heading for something like this for weeks but can’t criticise apparently. 

We can’t handle them. 

Zaniolo and/or Bailey at HT.  Got to do something, whether it be change of formation or personnel.

Very disappointing half. Been flat for a while but an early goal could get everyone going.

Just now, 1974Centenary said:

This should be no surprise to anybody,this as been the norm for weeks.

Still 5th so it’s not an issue.

We’re far too slow getting it forward, Moreno and cash’s final ball has been rubbish, need to get Ramsey, Bailey and Zaniolo on at half time and go for it

Edited by rbcuk

We've been poor since Arsenal.

Tielemans, Watkins, Diaby and Luiz hardly in the game.

Getting some joy out wide but not resulting in any shots. We need to speed up our play drastically.

We can still win this, they've played well but had a bit of luck with how the ball broke for them. We've made some bad decisions when it really mattered up the other end.

Now we're attacking the holte and we can do this lot.

Diaby yet again useless, what on earth has happened to him ?

Tielemans has been poor and those 2 are like playing with 9 men tonight.

Get Bailey and zaniolo on for Tielemans and Bailey at half time.

The eye test very rarely lies.

We're been shite for ages now. These ok results been severely papering over the cracks.

This has been coming.

I get MON second half of the season collapse vibes off of this.

1 minute ago, switters said:

Garbage ref but utterly dire so far against the most hateful team in the country. Need to turn this round second half or season is going down pan.

Thought the ref is having a good game? 

Let’s see what Zaniolo and Bailey can do. Diaby is totally out of confidence, can’t put a foot right at the moment.