Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

It makes a huge difference.

if you don't have that....you have to be extremely exceptional.

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He is 5 inches taller probably 3 stone heavier and is a far stronger runner on the ball. Aaron is a very good footballer. So is Philogene. But for the left hand side / number 10 Emery has specific requirements. 

Really? No kenneth Williams GIFs from anyone?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I look at Rogers and think is this what Aaron Ramsey should have been? Or could be? I know why we sold him, but could he have flourished in the same role? He was more effective than Rogers at Boro by far. 

Not knocking Rogers at all, he's been wonderful. 

Rogers is built like he could be AJ's dad, that's one big difference between them. We forget how physical these leagues can be sometimes. One reason JJ has flourished in the PL is because physically he's an exceptional athlete. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Do we have a camera for every player?

As much as I'd love that, I'd rather see Unai from 11 different angles. Yes, I said it. Bring the Kenneth. I'm proud.

• Haha 1

Just brilliant. Sky high potential. The occasional whiff in possession in dangerous areas may not ever fully go away but he makes up for it so much.

The Emery factor at play here is that he elevates players like no one else. To levels IMO I don't think they know they'll have.

Konsa, McGinn, Luiz, Bailey, Watkins, many more. Transformed.

Rogers wasn't playing like this for Boro. Does that matter now? Nope.

• Like 1

Kid is an absolute unit. To be that skilled as well is almost unfair. Comical that Bournemouth thought Smith could mark him 1v1. 

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Kid is an absolute unit. To be that skilled as well is almost unfair. Comical that Bournemouth thought Smith could mark him 1v1. 

Its that mix of power vision and technical ability that makes him such a threat.  

14 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I love this kid.  Proper football brain. 

He's very, very good.

Attributes are a little staggering in some ways: he's fast, tall, strong, has a mean first touch, can dribble, knows how to turn his man, picks out clever passes, and can finish.

Plays with a confidence that belies his inexperience at this level, too.

Goodness me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Genuinely couldn’t believe that some couldn’t see his massive potential a few weeks ago the comments here were embarrassing.

You could pin this comment on 95% of player threads to be fair

23 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

What a gem they have unearthed here.

He seems to get better with every appearance.

And still young - what potential.

I find it more baffling that when he left Man City, no-one in the Premier League took him and he had to go down to Boro. And even when we bought him, Boro fans were wondering why. They were delighted with the money. The miracle work of Emery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I find it more baffling that when he left Man City, no-one in the Premier League took him and he had to go down to Boro. And even when we bought him, Boro fans were wondering why. They were delighted with the money. The miracle work of Emery.

They looked at the underwhelming loans, being unable to influence games and the lack of output in goals and assists.  Unai looked at something else..How he could fit into our system. They saw him when they got the opposition scouting report. And i guess Unai fell in love immediately.

22 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

They looked at the underwhelming loans, being unable to influence games and the lack of output in goals and assists.  Unai looked at something else..How he could fit into our system. They saw him when they got the opposition scouting report. And i guess Unai fell in love immediately.

Knowing what we know now, it would be interesting to go back and watch the Middlesbrough games and see how he played. See what Emery & Monchi saw that the fans could not. It's mad that someone can be completely hidden in plain sight like that. Even from other Premier League teams. Not just Eddie Punchclock on the terrace.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

Knowing what we know now, it would be interesting to go back and watch the Middlesbrough games and see how he played. See what Emery & Monchi saw that the fans could not. It's mad that someone can be completely hidden in plain sight like that. Even from other Premier League teams. Not just Eddie Punchclock on the terrace.

Well he didn't stand out particularly against us in the FA Cup. But we doubled down anyway and ended up getting him  . Theres some decent vids on youtube that shows his Boro highlights. You csn see he has talent , but also he is really inconsistent and loses the ball too much. I guess thats why Emery is who he is . He can see a player and know exactly how he will fit in and flourish. 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Thanks 1

Â