Pre-match thread

wedge

On 23/01/2024 at 16:25, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I don't think Villa have the strength to go for this...

PL and Europe is the objective.

We haven't played for two weeks.

Hopefully Torres and Tielemans are fully fit to start, that will make a difference in this type of game.

I really don't see why we wouldn't go as full strength as possible, Friday night to Tuesday is a decent gap.

• Like 2

Glad to see this is on Premier Sport. Was a bit worried when I saw City Spurs in the same time but they are showing both thankfully. 

I think we have to go for this and knowing Unai’s mentality it think we will. 

Emi

Cash Konsa Pau Moreno

Bailey Doug Kamara McGinn

Tielemans

Watkins

On 20/01/2024 at 16:52, ferguson1 said:

Really think we can start as strong as we possibly can for this, as most of the squad will have had a minimum of 12 days off and some even longer. Fitness permitting, I’d get some sharpness back into our play before we face Newcastle at home in the league a few days later:

Martinez

Cash      Konsa        Pau      Moreno                                 

Kamara       Luiz

McGinn                    Tielemans 

Bailey           Watkins 

Subs: Olsen, Carlos, Lenglet, Dendoncker, Iroegbunum, Ramsey, Zaniolo, Diaby, Duran

No reason why we can’t gain a positive result here. Chelsea are very up and down. Going to say a 1-2 win and into the next round we go. 

I would still go strong and team above (fitness permitting).  Take Dendoncker out and bring Digne back into the match day squad if fit?  

On 20/01/2024 at 14:17, Nigel said:

Love to see kesler get on the pitch, this cup would seem to be his best chance of minutes 

Played a few minutes for Plymouth in last round

• Thanks 1

Given who's out - I think Unai goes back to Konsa at RB which continues to be my least favorite configuration.

Emi

Konsa-Diego-Lenglet-Moreno

Bailey-Kamara-Luiz-McGinn

Diaby-Watkins

10 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Would rather drop one of Carlos or Lenglet for Cash. Actually think I would go Konsa-Lenglet for balance/Lenglet was better v Everton.

Lenglet been performing better than carlos imo. I think we should go with konsa/lenglet but i think unai will stick to his away back 4 of Konsa, Carlos, Lenglet, Moreno.

22 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Given who's out - I think Unai goes back to Konsa at RB which continues to be my least favorite configuration.

Emi

Konsa-Diego-Lenglet-Moreno

Bailey-Kamara-Luiz-McGinn

Diaby-Watkins

I think Tielemans for one of Bailey or Diaby would be better.

When is Digne back?

Its scary how short we are tomorrow evening. 

Going to be hard to put 17 out yet alone 20. I think this is what we have currently

Watkins  

Diaby             Zaniolo

McGinn          Tielemans 

Luiz                 Big Tim

Kamara          Chambers

Bailey    

Moreno

Lenglet

Konsa            Carlos 

Cash

Martinez       Olsen

We will need some more youth on the bench. Wonder who they will take to Chelsea.  

Trying to arrange those in a way that makes it clear for me:

Martinez, Konsa, Carlos, Lenglet, Moreno, Luiz, Kamara, Tielemans, McGinn, Bailey, Watkins

subs Olsen, Chambers, Cash, Iroegbunam, Zaniolo, Diaby, Kesler-Hayden.

I guess he'll put another keeper on the bench, probably Wright, so we'll need to find another body from somewhere.

It's thin, but we do at least have the ability to put out a pretty strong eleven - there's only really Torres and maybe Digne missing from our best side.

So we're missing:

Mings, Torres, Digne, Traore, Buendia, Ramsey, Duran and Dendoncker (sort of ) - be interesting to see who might make the bench - many of the more senior youth players aren't available but it's an opportunity for someone.

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Trying to arrange those in a way that makes it clear for me:

Martinez, Konsa, Carlos, Lenglet, Moreno, Luiz, Kamara, Tielemans, McGinn, Bailey, Watkins

subs Olsen, Chambers, Cash, Iroegbunam, Zaniolo, Diaby, Kesler-Hayden.

I guess he'll put another keeper on the bench, probably Wright, so we'll need to find another body from somewhere.

It's thin, but we do at least have the ability to put out a pretty strong eleven - there's only really Torres and maybe Digne missing from our best side.

So we're missing:

Mings, Torres, Digne, Traore, Buendia, Ramsey, Duran and Dendoncker (sort of ) - be interesting to see who might make the bench - many of the more senior youth players aren't available but it's an opportunity for someone.

I think Kesler is cuptied unfortunately.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i have a horrible feeling they're going to stuff us. 3-0 at least

We should be fresh though. Its their 5th game in Jan and our 3rd. 

Edited by turvontour